Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi .. I'm a London based rider of an Enduro Spesh ... and looking for something a bit livelier in the cross country but long travel mould ... and have just test ridden a 575 and was impressed .. but can you advise?

575 VERSUS ... other models I was looking at were (5 spot .. just didn't like on test ride for some reason) ... 5.5 XVP ... no chance of test ride looks nice rig but expensive ... Nicolai Helius (very nice and alright price .. but the lightweight CC has only four point five travel .. and the highly regarded FR is a big heavy ...

HORST LINK ... 575 is only single link but seems quite good on it .. is that your experience?

LARGE VERSUS MEDIUM - I'm six foot with a long back ... and felt the medium a tad short ... what's the experience of six footers on larges? . .particularly with shorter stems .. which is what I'd prob do ...

Right now my initial impressions are very favourable and depending on your help could be soon joining the tribe (is that just a UK thing .. the Yeti tribe??)

Thanks

Lindsay

·
Registered
32 Posts
Buy one...

Lindsay - I've had mine for almost 2 months now and have nothing but positive life changing experiences on it! I test rode every trail bike made before making my decision, and the 575 won hands down. The combination of price, weight, and travel made it a clear winner.

The single pivot is works flawlessly...Light, tight, and smooth

I am 5'10 and ride the medium, so I would think with your size you should buy a large. You want a good centered riding position on thisbike, so I would say error on the larger side.

The Yeti tribe is an international group of riding fanatics. We have gatherings here in the states every year just to celebrate these wonderful bikes. I have been a member for years...

Cheers and happy riding

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
The 575 is an awesome choice. Ive had mine for a month now and it is a great ride and fast. Even with 2.3 nokiann nbxs' this bike manages to haul ass. Excellent resposiveness, super steering, and pretty damn tough too. I am 5'11 and went with the large with a 90 stem and love this bike:)

Shawn

·
www.yetifan.com
722 Posts
as mentioned the Tribe is a world wide thing, People who buy Yeti's buy into the Yeti Lifestyle if you like, even as far back as 92 (Kaprun Grundig) Yeti had 'tribemeets'.

Yetifan is the home of the tribe, with guests signing the guestbook from all over the world, there are currently 2 tribemeets per year, One in Colorado in July, and one for the UK Tribe in Wales, this weekend.

Just as a note- Yetifan is not run by Yeti, its dealers or suppliers, or even funded by anybody in the mtb trade, just an over active member of the tribe.

Andrew.

·
shaved yeti
430 Posts
do it to it!

The 575 is the best bike I've ridden (and owned). I go through lots of bikes, and this 575 is my 4th.

Go for it! Truely a bike ahead of it's time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.