Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shabbasuraj said:
huh?

So why doesn't your dealer order it for you?
it's my understanding that dealers don't have access(via computer database) to the inventory of other dealers, nor does Specialized. My local dealer has already called Specialized directly, inquiring about leftover 04 FSR's and no dice. He has also checked with the regional Specialized Rep., as they typically know the inventory of the shops in their region. Still nothing. Hence the reason I'm branching out. I thought maybe a dealer or shop employee reading this board may have a leftover 04' FSR Stumpy in their inventory that I could purchase.

Hope that makes sense to everyone. If you guy's know of a better way to locate the bike I'm looking for,besides e-bay, mtbr and google, please let me know.

·
Registered
193 Posts
MOJO67 said:
it's my understanding that dealers don't have access(via computer database) to the inventory of other dealers, nor does Specialized. My local dealer has already called Specialized directly, inquiring about leftover 04 FSR's and no dice. He has also checked with the regional Specialized Rep., as they typically know the inventory of the shops in their region. Still nothing. Hence the reason I'm branching out. I thought maybe a dealer or shop employee reading this board may have a leftover 04' FSR Stumpy in their inventory that I could purchase.

Hope that makes sense to everyone. If you guy's know of a better way to locate the bike I'm looking for,besides e-bay, mtbr and google, please let me know.
The last time I was shopping for a bike, the Specialized dealer I was at had access to the entire previous years inventory that is available in Canada and the same goes for when I was in a shop in the US.

I was told that the inventory could be checked in realtime.

Canada ships out of Quebec, and in the US the warehouse is in Ohio (and maybe some other place...)

·
Registered
118 Posts
shabbasuraj said:
The last time I was shopping for a bike, the Specialized dealer I was at had access to the entire previous years inventory that is available in Canada and the same goes for when I was in a shop in the US.

I was told that the inventory could be checked in realtime.

Canada ships out of Quebec, and in the US the warehouse is in Ohio (and maybe some other place...)
I think he is looking for a bike left over in one of the stores, NOT in the warehouse(s). He says that there are no bikes left in the warehouses.

Pedro

·
Klein sits on shelf now..
173 Posts
I got a 2004 FSR anniversary from Specialized just several weeks ago. There should be some of those still left.

It's not a cheap bike but it was a good deal with full XTR and crossmax. Any dealer should be able to check the inventory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.