Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went in to order a nomad frame yesterday (as I have sold my bullit and chameloeon last week...boo hoo), esp. looking forward to the 3 month wait...and got confused about colours....the shop had a liquid blue SC frame, which is basically super, super dark blue (almost black)...(I thought it was lighter from photos) it has NO resemblance to the colour picker on the SC website at all... and they also have an ano black BLT (very cool) but no anodized slate to look at in person

So...in photos posted here it (ano slate) looks almost purple in some, and then more gray in others...anybody have one, or some clear photos of their frame for me to look at?

And anybody have opinions on Ano slate? vs ano black? I would have got a trans blue but apparently that is no longer an option, and I'm not really into the liquid blue as much as I would like...

If I am asking a question already answered please direct me to that thread...

Yes I know this is dribble about nomad frame colours, but before I plop down a lot of money on a frame that I can't see, and will ride for the next 5 yrs, I wanna do a little research.

·
Registered
27 Posts
slate is a 'medium' grey and ano black is well black.

pity didn't have my camera when I was at the LBS they have liquid blue, all the anodised colours an apple green and a trans blue (nomad).... plus a few others if we had put our own bikes together.

good luck with the waiting :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Liquid Blue?

So, is the liquid blue the lighter, darker or about the same as the attached picture below? Does it look cool or crappy? I ordered a liquid blue Nomad figuring that it's the same as what's in the forum picture floating around or the 4x picture on the website. If it looks crappy? Dude, that sucks.

I wonder if trans-blue frames are still available.

Late,
J

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny you ask, I have been phoning around for a trans blue large nomad...but no luck..
It (liquid blue) looks the same as the photo you attached, a very dark blue, very cool in the light, no doubt..but NOT like the 4x on the SC site, or the photo on the interbike site at all..so, funny enough I may still order liquid blue, but slate ano looks cool also....but who can tell?, how to tell...there are NONE to actually look at?..you know, I was set on trans blue, but now its not available I just can't decide...which is pathetic, but not really, because I am riding the bike, and paying a snotload of cash...when did you order your frame and what is the wait time?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ano Slate

arandal said:
Funny you ask, I have been phoning around for a trans blue large nomad...but no luck..
It (liquid blue) looks the same as the photo you attached, a very dark blue, very cool in the light, no doubt..but NOT like the 4x on the SC site, or the photo on the interbike site at all..so, funny enough I may still order liquid blue, but slate ano looks cool also....but who can tell?, how to tell...there are NONE to actually look at?..you know, I was set on trans blue, but now its not available I just can't decide...which is pathetic, but not really, because I am riding the bike, and paying a snotload of cash...when did you order your frame and what is the wait time?
It's not pathetic at all. With SC making such long lasting bikes, the only thing to worry about is the color. I saw an ano slate Free in person, and I must say that it looks great, it made it look like even more bombproof...

Anyway, here's a pic

Bertman

Attachments

·
Too Much Fun
2,319 Posts
off topic (nasty avatar)

ChrisFFTA said:
jcdawes - what the hell is your avatar a pic of??
Thats an old and fully disgusting picture that was floating around the net years ago. It was supposedly a photo of a motorcycle accident survivor but most people think its really a failed suicide attempt. If you dig around on rotten.com I'm sure you'll find it. But don't, its the sort of image that stays in your head in all the wrong ways.

Regardless, its nasty as hell and not really the best choice for an avatar, IMHO.

·
Now Uploading
1,110 Posts
benja55 said:
Thats an old and fully disgusting picture that was floating around the net years ago. It was supposedly a photo of a motorcycle accident survivor but most people think its really a failed suicide attempt. If you dig around on rotten.com I'm sure you'll find it. But don't, its the sort of image that stays in your head in all the wrong ways.

Regardless, its nasty as hell and not really the best choice for an avatar, IMHO.
It is disturbing. More so that you would use it as an avitar in a public forum.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are good photos

And are helping with my decisions...sort of...I'll keep trawling the net and shops around here (Bay Area, CA) and see what I can see in person...If a rohloff fit easily on a vpfree I would get one forsure, but they don't..

Cheers,

·
Too Much Fun
2,319 Posts
arandal said:
And are helping with my decisions...sort of...I'll keep trawling the net and shops around here (Bay Area, CA) and see what I can see in person...If a rohloff fit easily on a vpfree I would get one forsure, but they don't..
Not sure which shops you plan on hitting, but give Woodside Bikes a call. They have a pretty well stocked selection and might have the colors/finishes you are looking for.

I was impressed with how many SC frames and bikes they've got on the wall and built up... If I recall correctly they had either a V10 or VPFree in some non-black ano when I was in there recently. Worth a call. The owner's name is Zoran and he is super chill.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Excellent!

Cheers, great photos...thanks...definitely clear photos...

·
Too Much Fun
2,319 Posts
RacingTiger said:
enjoy ;-)
Wow, the ano slate looks wildly different in different lighting. It looks almost pinkish here, but more battleship grey in other shots. It seems to really reflect ambient light color. Pretty cool, IMHO.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
exactly!

And that is EXACTLY why I cannot decide on a silly frame colour! Because all I see is photos that look completely different!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Then get a pink one so you can cry about it for years to come. Its just a color. I put some thought into the color scheme of my bikes but I never get indecisive about it because it just doesn't matter. If you are where you should be most of the time... on the bike, you wont be looking at it anyway. In fact, by trying to get the best looking color, the only people you are helping out are theives.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts