Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NIck, I know you've got an in with the females who take the BSU mtb classes out. There musta been 20 of them tonight coming up Bucktail in 2 groups. At least half of the gaggle were riding off trail, despite Parker and I yelling, haranguing, screaming, pleading, whining, beating and berating the barneys.

If you can talk to the instructors, please tell them to stress this. Yielding the trail does not mean riding off trail. If in doubt, may I humbly refer them to pps. 28-29 of the Thrive Bike edition, where I lay down the law with the help of Tfloyd & Commander Fred.

Sincerely,

Marshall Dillon.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad:

This whole trail etiquette stuff is getting on my nerves...guess I'm really sensitive about it. I just get :mad: whenever I see folks riding off the trial or not yielding. Ugh.

I actually don't know the two instructors for this semester, but can probably work on it within the next couple of weeks or so.

I took the class a loooong time ago (back when I wore underwear with my biking shorts...hey I didn't know any better). One of the Goffin brothers taught it. We got on a Ch. 7 show too. And I still have that damn tape! Ahhh the good ol' days.

To be honest with you...I really don't think Brian ever taught us trail etiquette.

I really do think Bucktail will be the next Kestrel/Crestline. Just give it a couple of more years. Sad too cuz that's such a fun trail to be on.

I'll try to spread the word. Steve Stuebner has a MTB basics clinic at the store in a couple of weeks and Kristy Porter is also doing a women's clinic in May. I will try to talk to them and make sure they EMPHASIZE proper trail etiquette.

·
Barneys Unite!
748 Posts
That seems to occur

every time I go up that trail. It's nice that folks are actually yielding to the uphill rider, but it'd sure be nice if they learned the correct way to do it.

TF

·
Banned
34 Posts
Can't someone go learn how to drop or wheelie or work on their RIDING in some way or something - this "etiquette" subject is starting to get pissy, and anal. I don't like it and it's starting to make me mad

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,981 Posts
Udaho said:
Can't someone go learn how to drop or wheelie or work on their RIDING in some way or something - this "etiquette" subject is starting to get pissy, and anal. I don't like it and it's starting to make me mad

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.