Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
LBS Manager
1,918 Posts
I agree

They should have redesigned the hanger and drop out a few years ago or at least include one of the gaurds with every bike but they still make some of the best performing bikes out there and for a pretty good price. As far as hangers go I wish every bike cmpany would go with the type that is on the Blur thats the best hanger I have ever seen its good and strong and not a wieght penalty.

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
Johnny Hair Boy said:
They should have redesigned the hanger and drop out a few years ago or at least include one of the gaurds with every bike but they still make some of the best performing bikes out there and for a pretty good price. As far as hangers go I wish every bike cmpany would go with the type that is on the Blur thats the best hanger I have ever seen its good and strong and not a wieght penalty.
Yeah, don't get me wrong. I think Specialized makes some damn good bikes (and other goodies, too). It's just that I can't stand to see something like this. I can think of two reasons why they didn't just replace the dropouts: 1. They would have to replace who knows how many thousands of rear triangles, which would cost a lot of money. 2. They figured not that many people would have this sort of trouble. Either way it seems kind of shabby.

What's strange is that I ride in CT, where there are plenty of branches all over the place just waiting to pop up into my derailleur; but I have never had a derailleur or hanger break. It seems like I was getting a branch stuck in my drivetrain every two miles this summer, but nothing ever happened. I'm beginning to wonder if something is wrong with my own hanger! :D

21 - 22 of 22 Posts