Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, took the plunge to convert my triple shot from lux3's to ssc p4 U2 emitters. Everything was going fine, in fact it had been one of my easier mods. Soldered the emitters up and checked with multi meter; all lit (seperately). So I mounted them up in the cateye and after getting them put in, 2 of the 3 leds won't light. Any ideas? Hooked up the batt and turned it on very briefly to check if the circuit was open. Same single led lit up... Now this has me really confused. I've damaged the wires under the dome going to the die before, but if that was the case then none would light. Maybe I have poorly insulated slugs? Any other ideas? I'm :madman:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Humm... I'm certainly no expert but is it possible that the LED that lights up is shorted to the triple shot case.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats exactly what I ended up doing... The slugs were indeed shorting. Sorry to not update, but I just *had* to get out there and road test :thumbsup:

Now to find someone who can cut some UCL-type glass to replace the craptastic stock window.

ktronik said:
please test + on each LED to ground / case.

this is the test for poorly insulated slugs, you are looking for NO connection.if any are connected then that is your answer.

are the LEDs wired in parallel??

Ktronik

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gotta stop double-posting between here and CPF :D

Never had a problem with the glass in my nite rider.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.