Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted my Bullit for sale on July 21 in the full susp. classifieds. Today I found my bike posted for sale on Ebay by some scam artist from the uk (ebay id mijkejohn2004). WTF. This a**hole used my entire ad word for word (except my contact info) and all my pics. I actually sold the bike already to a buyer in the US and I haven't even shipped it yet! My ad was updated to SOLD status just yesterday. I alerted Ebay and the mtbr classifieds staff so I hope this is fixed soon before anyone gets ripped off. Anyone have any other suggestion on what to do? This ever happen to anyone else or have you seen something like this? This really makes you think twice before trusting anyone selling something online.
Thanks for letting me rant.
Dave
Check my ad. Its the 2003 Santa Cruz Bullit w/ Shiver and Avy posted July 21.
The scam ebay item num is: 5510261175

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
WoW...that's crazy...
How was the feedback from the guy from UK...?
I use ebay a lot and never got a problem but you realy have to be carefull.. a lot of scams now ...
Anyway I won't buy anything in ebay from the old country...Canada the farer..

·
Johnny Dependable
233 Posts
The guy might actually have a bullet he is selling that is specd/same color as yours and just be too lazy to take pics and think for himself long enough to write out the ad so he thought he'd just "borrow" your ad ....??? I know ppl who have sold stuff on ebay that have "borrowed" other ppl's pics when they are selling an identical item if something prevents them from being able to take a pic of the actual item themself. They weren't trying to scam anyone. They actually sent the buyer the item. Food for thought...

·
Rain sucks
70 Posts
This reminds me of one time I sold some brand new nike shoes on ebay. Some guy wrote me a message asking for pics in a very specific way...he wanted picture of the shoes, one upside down, one rightside up, the box open and some other crap.

I asked why and he said he has seen the pics of my shoes in 5+ different ads and he was worried I was a scammer...he wanted me to arrange the shoes in the exact way he wanted and then take a pic so he could know I actually had the shoes.

I already had a bunch of bids on the shoes so I didn't really feel like borrowing a camera again and stuff so I told him no...but he did send me links to 3 different auctions with my pics in them...you could tell because they were on my coffee table with my Onkyo remote and racecar book in the background. Weird.

·
Registered
21 Posts
definately a scam

I have seen a lot of that kind of $hit going on. I bid on a demo 9 and it was total bull$hit. 1 bid and they would not leave me alone. Kept emailing offering the same unit for less. Who calls a mtb a unit anyway. I actually talked with this idiot for weeks via email. Just messin with him though. I then started receiving all kinds of emails from scam artists, all from that one. They would not stop.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah it's crazy. That happened to me. I sell trailers on eBay. One time this guy writes me and starts chewing me out, thinking that he had caught me in an attempted scam. Obviously I have no idea what the hell he's talking about. Come to find out, some dude in Iowa stole my ad and pictures and copied everything for his own ad. He was also trying to sell farm equipment so I'm assuming he was lazy. I jumped all over it and got it shut down, but it was a little crazy for a couple days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.