Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cougar Bait
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be visiting family this weeked in Prineville. I would have the opportunity to slip away for a ride on Saturday.

How are the weather/ride conditions in the Bend area? Smith Rock?

Any ride suggestions?

Thanks

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
Rain, rain, rain........ But the soil conditions are supreme! Not enough to make the ground soggy, just enough to get you good and wet.

There's a race on Sunday too, which should be interesting. Last year it was a dustbowl at this time.

I'll be at Phils around 3 on saturday to do some laps, if you're there look for a white Jamis Dakar Pro.

·
Cougar Bait
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rain don't bother me...

...I'm a valley boy. ;) I just don't want to screw up someone elses trails.

Matt, I may take you up on that. I'll have to check my plans. BTW, I'm on a black Heckler with a Mav up front.

-Rob

·
Registered
687 Posts
The dirt is so good

I rode Phil's in Bend yesterday and it was so much fun !
Stay away from lower Ben's and Kent's those where really wet. Climbing up Phil's was the cleanest route. G.S. , Storm king, Voodoo are really nice this week.
I have to work saturday and race sunday otherwise I would join you...
Sunday afternoon I'm going to Prineville myself, that town's gonna be hopping this weekend :rolleyes:
Happy Trails, Jefe'

BendOregonSingleSpeeders

·
Cougar Bait
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks boys

Rode Phil's, etc. on Saturday. It was perfect. First time I have ridden there without needing a dust mask behind my always faster friends.

Wanted to go out Sunday morning, but you know the rest.

·
Toby Wong?
1,307 Posts
endo32 said:
Wanted to go out Sunday morning, but you know the rest.
you got plastered Saturday night drinking at the Grove and were found molesting a small chihuahua behind El Jimador at 4 a.m.?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.