Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
hispanic mechanic
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tires seem to work well in the Hill Country/overall?
I used to use the ol' 2.35 Z-Max/Conti Pro 2 combo (this was about 10 years ago,) but I am thinking that something like an Exi/Nano combo for fun and maybe a Nano/Nano combo for racing would be ideal.
What are you guys using?
FWIW, the racing I do is more endurance stuff these days- 24 hour solos, that type of thing.
TIA,

the los

·
Registered
136 Posts
Tx Tires

Nanos have always been my tire for just about all of Texas. But if you want something with a knob I just started using the Schwalbe Little Albert. Both weight about the same and eventhough the Schwalbe looks a little small because of sidewall height, tread width is about the same and has the same contact patch. Rolls fast for a knob and hooks up well. I used it at Bar-H and was really pleased. Still I don't know if I like it as well as the Nano. Each has it's trade offs.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I raced Nano/Nano this past weekend and rode the same at Comfort the wekend before. It all seems good. I have a set of Kenda Klaws that I would use in wet or very loose terrain.

BTW... I do some "bike hashing" and urban assualt from time to time and I really like the handling and traction of the Nanos on pavement.

Mike

·
Registered
386 Posts
There's a whole crew of us in Austin running either nano's F&R or Exi front Nano rear (my choice) for the rigid riders. One guy likes the new Bontrager treads on his Fisher suspended ride. The WTB wires are popular with all of the guys I know because they work well both on the terrain around here and DIY tubeless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts