Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple pictures of Endo Rando and me as we headed out for a bog ride yesterday. Notice Rando's new Burner. Wish you were here to ride with us.
Dave

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Try this again..............

AkDave said:
Here's a couple pictures of Endo Rando and me as we headed out for a bog ride yesterday. Notice Rando's new Burner. Wish you were here to ride with us.
Dave

I hope I got the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully this is a picture of me....

AkDave said:
Dave
Maybe I'll get this right.

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hey, where the heck is yer rear suspension?? Yer givin' old guys a good name!

Ken

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh NO!

AK Ken said:
Hey, where the heck is yer rear suspension?? Yer givin' old guys a good name!

Ken
I knew I was forgit'n somthin! I must have your ' focals........bi-focals Ken. Spension's in da seat post.
Dave

·
Registered
482 Posts
v-brakes in the snow

I'm riding two bikes this winter, both singlespeeds. one has V brakes front and back. the other is disk up front, V in back. i've noticed my V brakes are reduced to almost a total lack of stopping power in the snow a bit into the ride, even with clean rims and good brake adjustment. does that happen to you? fortunately, everything slows down in the snow and braking isn't all that essential. guess i'm learning about the virtues of disc brakes.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Oh, I didna notice the post--you big sissy.

I think I'm roughing it when I ride the 4 inch travel bike!

Ken

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, it happens

Cygnus said:
I'm riding two bikes this winter, both singlespeeds. one has V brakes front and back. the other is disk up front, V in back. i've noticed my V brakes are reduced to almost a total lack of stopping power in the snow a bit into the ride, even with clean rims and good brake adjustment. does that happen to you? fortunately, everything slows down in the snow and braking isn't all that essential. guess i'm learning about the virtues of disc brakes.
When temps are a bit warmer this does happen. When colder it isn't a problem. You can't see it but there is a disc brake on the rear of my snow bike. It is usually the rear brake which ice's up so a disc on the rear really helps. I tend to stay off my ft brake when it is realy icy so I did not feel the need for one there. I will probably add one when I take time to lace a new hub into the ft snowcat rim. Now I have at least 1 brake during those warm conditions
Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts