Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about putting a bigger fork up front on my '08' Attack Trail (160 mm instead of the 140 mm Pikes). However, I cannot find any information if this will void the warranty on the frame. Looking at the '09' Attack there seems to be little difference in the actual frame, so I am assuming they have not modified it to incorporate the 160 mm forks they now run up front. However, I cannot be sure and have failed to find any information on the Marin website.

Does anyone here
a) have an upgraded '08' Attack with a a 160 mm fork?
b) know whether the '09' frame is identical to the '08' model?
c) have any idea whether it will void the warranty?

Any input will be muchly appreciated :thumbsup:

·
Registered
147 Posts
They did upgrade the front triangle to maintain the same bb height and st angle with Lyrik's 160 mm and new ht angle. Suspension is also re-jigged to work with new geometry of the front triangle. And the headtube is tapered. Just stick with the 140 mm. It works just fine as it is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I.V.A. said:
They did upgrade the front triangle to maintain the same bb height and st angle with Lyrik's 160 mm and new ht angle. Suspension is also re-jigged to work with new geometry of the front triangle. And the headtube is tapered. Just stick with the 140 mm. It works just fine as it is.
Thanks for that - all the info I needed :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an 08 Wolf Ridge which came with the air pikes as standard but I wanted coils so I sold my Pikes and ended up getting a set of Lyriks instead.

I must admit I always run mine on 145mm travel. They are a little more 'beefy' than the Pikes so hold lines a lot better (and the coil tracks so much better than air).

I have tried them on 160mm but the front feels too high and doesn't feel quite right but I don't regret putting them on the bike cos even at 145mm travel they still suit my riding more than the air pikes did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.