Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That would be Headset Hole Eating Aliens

While I'm sending my cracked Inbred back to the manufacturer, a friend "loaned" me a spare frame to build up as a SiSp conversion. It's a Klein Adroit w/ the Mission Control stem/handlebar combo and this really strange looking headset that I've never seen before. Kind of freaky actually.

Should make for an "interesting" ride.

·
The Top Cap Guy
952 Posts
That's one of Klein's revolutionary (I mean didn't quite work out) headsets.....lol.... Bigger is better you know. Mission Control I beleive it was called. Does that frame also have a pressed in bottom bracket? I had one of their road frames in the day that had a bb pressed in so you couldn't swap it out unless you sent it back to them for replacement. Always loved the paint on Kleins.

FF

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
14,664 Posts
JRA said:
...to build up as a SiSp conversion. ...
Kevin my friend,

May I ask what a "SiSp" is? That's a term I'm not familiar with. I wonder if it is a contraction of SingleSpeed but I hate to assume. Besides, we've already got the abreviation "SS" in the lexicon and it's hard to imagine that anyone would want to bring yet another term for singlespeeding into the fray.

Any light you can shine on this will be much appreciated. At this point I feel like such an outsider.

--Sparty

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sparticus said:
Any light you can shine on this will be much appreciated. At this point I feel like such an outsider.
Sorry, Sparty. SiSp is indeed a different contraction of Single Speed. One that I saw on this forum I might add. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts