Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for feedback on the Atomlab General Issue parts... experience good or bad? thoughts about any of the components or Atomlab... I know when I snapped my planetX dh bars and toasted the Goliath stem, I looked around for cromoly bars with a standard mtb geo, but really couldn't find any - the general issue line seems to be hardcore, burly for a reasonable price - I will be doing some product reviews later this summer, but was hoping to get feeback now !

direct link to the Atomlab article:
http://revolutionfreeride.com/revfr2003/main/revfrmag.asp?feature=04.2005-atomlab

revFRmagazine:
http://revolutionfreeride.com/revfr2003/main/revfrmag.asp

thanks
chris
-- ride hard --
www.revolutionfreeride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the concept of simple, burly components at a reasonable price and I like cromoly since I have had a couple bad experiences with catastrophic Al failures... I am going to try to get a few Atomlab GI product reviews going this summer... I do love my TrailKing pedals... if you know of anyone who has actually used GI components or get a chance yourself - please post some thoughts on performance... I tried to get a listing of shops that carried Atomlab GI components for the revFRmagazine article, but was unsuccessful -hard to find... ride hard

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
I love my atomlab wheel. Never gone out of true yet. Their parts seem burly and super strong without being SUPERDUPER heavy, and at a very reasonable price. Feelings in the biking community seem to be mixed, just like with any product. Some people have extremely good luck with them while others loath them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
g.i. stuff

I have been using a g.i. bar stem combo on my park bike for a couple of months now. I have slammed the bike down pretty hard quite a few times and haven't seen any ill effects. The stuff looks pretty sweet in the flesh with no real crazy looking graphics, just the millitary style lettering and what not. Priced pretty cheap to boot! You should be able to order the stuff.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Coupl'a my ridin' buds are sportin' the "GI" bolt-on rear hub & they love it. I was able to get a 36 hole EX729 rim to build up a 36 hole "GI" bolt-on hub. Buildin' it next week. My buds love this hub....so far, no complaints. They ride hard & go big & the hubs are holdin' their own. Can't wait to slap this wheel on my Bullit. Already had a guy try to buy the hub off of me cause the LBS can't get any more for a while. I turned the guy down. Boltin'on next week. :D :D :cool: ;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
hey i have a general issue front hub 20mm thru axle and it is solid i have their bar and stem and they are unbendable. the atomlab guy live right next to my friend here in santa clarita and he is an awesome guy and also a rider and his parts get beaten to h*ll before they are marketed and all i can say is go for it!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.