Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys have experiences with the Atomlab or NYC Freeride 12-10 step down axles? This is exactly what I'm looking for but my concern is that one of the bolts will get seized in the axle and since the axle is not fixed that the whole thing will just rotate without loosening the bolt. These are the ones I'm talking about:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Even with 2 allen wrenches, one of the bolts could loosen, while the other stays tight in the axle. But who cares? Can't you just pull it out from that side? I'm thinking it's like the 20mm thru-axles... but maybe not. What's an axle?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the thing - with a 20mm you can slide the axle out with one polt still attached but this is a reducer axle that reduces a 12mm thru to a 10 thru. So you can't slide it out since the axle itself is a 12mm OD and the drop outs are 10mm ID. I am wondering if you can take both bolts out completely so the wheel can just drop out of the frame with the 12mm OD axle still in the hub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.