Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So much grip it's often fairly tricky to reposition your feet. Spent a few hours riding urban with this combo for the first time last night. No way there's going to be much slipping with this combo. Only down side is the spikes are mean enough that it's scary to think of riding without shin protection now.

Edit: Just realized I posted an opinion without an accompanying pic so here ya go, from last night. Couldn't get the action shot in low light but we ride down the wall on left side and drop on to the sidewalk, fun spot...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
i killed my aircorps riding urban....

i slipped them a lot too.

same shoes on NYC Racelites and grip is so much better. i don't think i could bail if i had 5.10's and Racelites lol.

just saying my aircorps didn;t last long when i rode urban, blew the thing up, no more spinnage and there was like 1/2cm play in it lol!:madman: :madman: :madman:

but they are good when they're new:thumbsup:

oh and that bike is really nice.

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
5.10's + any pedal ===== crazy grip....................

grippiest pedals by far with the 5.10's i have tried are the specialized lo pro mag's. Those things have about 2x the pins of anything else and an anatomical curve.......beserk traction.

·
Bike Hustler
822 Posts
Word, I actually just took out half the pins on my A-frames because the 5-10's actually gripped too well that I was getting stuck in akward foot positions and not able to readjust. I think I found the magic balence now though.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
i may look into some 5.10s in the future just for riding DH/FR, i would never wear them for urban or DJ i dont think. my etnies terranas(sp?) are awesome but im interested in the 5.10s. one question for people who have ridden them for some time...how do they last? most shows wear out in a few months but do the 5.10s last a full season?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ano Red Aircoprs?

are those Ano red pedals?

If so whwere did you get them?

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mp29k said:
are those Ano red pedals?

If so whwere did you get them?
Yup, ano red aircorps. Called up Atomlabs directly and snagged 'em.

Also, been on my 5.10's for a full year now and they're hanging in there ymmv. 5.10's are by far the best riding shoes I've used. The wifey actually uses 5.10 mountain masters which are a sticky rubber approach shoe for climbing, they seem to work just as well.

DH, FR, trail the combo is perfect. DJ they seem too grippy. I can't pull my foot off to do a no-footer without making the pedals spin wildly.

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
i told everyone 5.10's simply make every pedal better!. great loooking bike man, i didnt know those pedals came in colors.

but i still think this is the best combo

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.