Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am planning the arrival of my Atlas sport. I want to change the Juicy 5's for 7's.
Any way to find out the brake rotor diameters, so I can order the correct size?
:D I can't wait to go big with the Atlas!

Thanks,

Steve
Northern NJ
;)

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
you can use any rotor size from 160mm to 203mm. Just need an adaptor which will cost you less then $10...

As for swapping Juicy 5 for Juicy 7, you wont be seeing much of a difference in performance. Just adjustability. I suggest getting some Shimano XT 4 pot or Shimano Saints. Or, Some nice Formula Oro Puros if you got the dough... :)

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
titansfk said:
Hi,
I am planning the arrival of my Atlas sport. I want to change the Juicy 5's for 7's.
Any way to find out the brake rotor diameters, so I can order the correct size?
:D I can't wait to go big with the Atlas!
Thanks,
Steve
Northern NJ ;)
Hi back at ya Steve,

Shot an e-mail to IBEX at> [email protected] or call 1-888-741-1464 :thumbsup:

Let us know what you find out...

Jake :ihih:

PS. Don't listen to the Shimano junkie.........:lol: J/K XD

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
160mm

The Atlas will come with 160mm rotors. As mrpercussive points out, you have the ability to buy disc brakes with rotors up to 203mm BUT you need to think twice about going above 185mm as on many fork models, as it will void the warranty. Only the long travel, larger stanchioned forks used in more aggressive riding styles like freeride and downhill are built to accommodate the 203mm rotor size.

Again, you can do it, but it is NOT recommended.

Bob

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Call_me_Clyde said:
The Atlas will come with 160mm rotors. As mrpercussive points out, you have the ability to buy disc brakes with rotors up to 203mm BUT you need to think twice about going above 185mm as on many fork models, as it will void the warranty. Only the long travel, larger stanchioned forks used in more aggressive riding styles like freeride and downhill are built to accommodate the 203mm rotor size.

Again, you can do it, but it is NOT recommended.

Bob
Right you are mate. However, keep in the mind that there are 2 QR fork models that are rated for 8" rotors, all 05+ Fox Forks and the old Rock Shox Psylo. Both were approved by there mfg for larger rotors without warranty issues.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Thanks red5

red5 said:
Right you are mate. However, keep in the mind that there are 2 QR fork models that are rated for 8" rotors, all 05+ Fox Forks and the old Rock Shox Psylo. Both were approved by there mfg for larger rotors without warranty issues.
Good info to know, especially with regard to Fox!

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.