Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about upgrading my rear shock. Currently I have the budget Manitou model the Split. I don't see that Fox offers a DHX air in a 190mm length. Considering a RP23 but I'm not totally sure it would be any better then what I have as many have said it doesn't work will with single pivot designs.

I like what I have but it seems to be a hair stiff on the platform. No platform adjustment knob. I'd like to be able to soften it up just fuzz to be able to absorb smaller disturbances in the terrain. It also seems to blow through its midstroke and the rebound is far to stiff with the platform.

I guess there is also the better Manitou models ISX-4 and ISX-6.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What 2 adjustable modes does the ISX-6 have that the ISX-4 doesn't? I tried to look at Manitou's website but they had no info on it.

Its funny I see them all over Ebay for under a $100 just the one that comes in the size I need is $200.:madman: I can wait it out though I won't be biking for another 4 months anyway. Still $200 isn't a bad price either. I paid $250 for the split I have now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are the main differences between SPV and Intrinsic damping. What do you guys feel would work the best for my Atlas. I see most if not all of you are using Intrinsic based ISX-6's. But, there are SPV based ISX-4's on ebay I've been considering do to the price. But, I have no knowledge to base from. Their website is terrible and everything I seem to find online really doesn't differ one way or the other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts