Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Is the Atlas frame powdercoat or anodized???

2) How much did Ibex change the frame dimensions from Azonic's design???

3) Does the posted target weight of 28lbs apply to the base Atlas or the Atlas Pro???

4) What size frame does the target weight of 28lbs include???

5) Will you have pictures of the 20.5" frame because I want to see if any of the dimensions look grossly distorted.

The only reason I ask about the 20.5" frame is because thats the one I will most likely get with my 6'-2" 34" inseam build. Again, thank you all for the time you devot to answering questions especially Jack.

Later,
Sean

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
Traget weights taken from the web site.....(02/04/07)

Hi Sean,

Click links below:
Atlas Sport Target Weight: 33 lbs.*w/o pedals
Atlas Expert Target Weight: 31.5 lbs.*w/o pedals
Atlas Pro Target Weight: 29.5 lbs.*w/o pedals

There are times when Jack is unable to get to the Forum. If you don't get a response,
try sending an e-mail to (click>) [email protected]

Jake

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Better yet, call Ibex

I would call Ibex toll free number and talk to Jack. I think he's sensitive to leaving the forums to more generalized chat about Ibex than a format for him to answer his customers specific questions. That's why he has the number and the email addy.

My guess is that the frame is neither powder coated nor anodized, it's painted. I don't believe there are wholesale changes to the Ibex frame over the Azonic, save the material used in the tubing. That's pretty much all I can contribute towards the answers.

Bob

·
Company CSR
1,027 Posts
Blk02 said:
1) Is the Atlas frame powdercoat or anodized???

2) How much did Ibex change the frame dimensions from Azonic's design???

3) Does the posted target weight of 28lbs apply to the base Atlas or the Atlas Pro???

4) What size frame does the target weight of 28lbs include???

5) Will you have pictures of the 20.5" frame because I want to see if any of the dimensions look grossly distorted.

The only reason I ask about the 20.5" frame is because thats the one I will most likely get with my 6'-2" 34" inseam build. Again, thank you all for the time you devot to answering questions especially Jack.

Later,
Sean
If you have specific questions like this that require a direct answer from IBEX it is best to email us at [email protected].

1) The Atlas is painted with double clearcoat in matte finish to match the textured sand finish of the paint.

2) Some adjustments we made to the stock factory frame, specifically top-tube length and change to a headtube for standard type headset instead of zero-stack. I do not know what changes Azonic may have made to the standard factory design. The frame is not an Azonic design. It was designed by the frame builder, though obviously, we are able to make certain minor changes for our production, as is Azonic.

3) Target weights are published on our website for each individual model. The Atlas Expert weight has been revised just today to actual weight, which came out at 30.5 lbs. This is 1 lb. lighter than the target weight of 31.5 lbs. that we had been working with. Hopefully, that is an indication that the Sport and Pro models will also be somewhat lighter than estimate when we get them in and up on our calibrated scale. The only reason we were able to get the Expert now is that we have a bike that was flown in for a magazine test. Actual weights on the other two models will not be available until the full shipment of production bikes arrives in the middle of March.

4) We only publish the middle size weight. The weight for the Expert was taken from a 16.5", but was adjusted by a few ounces for an 18.5".

5) Our studio photos are of middle size only, 18.5" in the case of the Atlas bikes.

Thanks,
Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.