Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going to ATL for a convention. I’ll have Thursday morning to ride if I can swing it. If anyone could point me in the direction of a shop that rents bikes that would be awesome? Preferably near a trail head if possible? Or if anyone is free on Thursday morning and wouldn’t mind a fellow rider to hit the trails with that would be cool. Thanks for any insight you guys have to offer!

·
Cycologist
16,881 Posts
As in two days from now?

Free-Flite - site says no rentals available, 2021 rentals will arrive late July, early August so you can check and see if they'll get them in. If they do, you could pick up from the Marietta store and then drive up to Blankets Creek.

Fresh Bikes - very close to Big Creak trails - not my favorite trail system, if you ride the XC trails you'll probably end up repeating some of the trails for distance. They do have a couple of pump tracks and a freeride section, if you're into that. The freeride isn't all that crazy, you can roll most of it.

Fresh Bikes - I don't see rental mentioned on their site but I saw it noted on rambo's site (below) so not sure if they have rental now or not

Otherwise, do some googling, these are the only two possible rental places I know, may be hard to find something with the current bike situation. Sixes bike is near Blankets but it doesn't look like they rent.

Hit me up if you have questions.

·
Registered
654 Posts

Sixes bike shop is near Blankets Creek and that would be a complete day of riding. 3 unique trails totaling about 10 miles if you rode them once each but they're definitely worth doing twice or more.

Sixes says they have rentals and demos but you'll need to call as there is no online reservation system. I'm working thursday or I'd come on out.

·
Cycologist
16,881 Posts
The three main trails at Blankets total over 12 miles plus there is the new double black Gnarnia which is around 1-1/2 miles and beginner trails (which also act as access trails to the others) total over 2 miles. Last Sunday I rode the three main, including returning to the top of the jump lines on Dwelling twice plus the beginner trails and totaled 16.35 miles. If Sixes Pit has rental bikes, that would be ideal.

Sorry, I'm headed up to the North GA mountains tomorrow for a few days. Debating if I want to take a bike this time as my son will be with me so may just be fishing and hiking (he's not into mountain biking).

·
Registered
654 Posts
That's right, I forgot about Mosquito Bite and the other greens. And Gnarnia, which I haven't done yet. Last time I was there I had the hardtail and didn't care to get chunky on it. I youtubed Gnarnia, it doesn't look all that hairy.

·
Cycologist
16,881 Posts
That's right, I forgot about Mosquito Bite and the other greens. And Gnarnia, which I haven't done yet. Last time I was there I had the hardtail and didn't care to get chunky on it. I youtubed Gnarnia, it doesn't look all that hairy.
It's not. Couple of rollable drops at the beginning and some skinnies. Then it cuts across a steep hillside and the trail isn't really cut in much. First time I rode it a gal was trying to push her bike back up after she tumbled down. Then there are some steep but short downlines you can hit or the trail continues to a short steep and turning down run. Hardtail would be fine, not much chunkiness. Pretty section of the woods.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After looking into these, I decided that mtb while im there is not going to be in the cards. Im not renting a car and will be down near the convention center. Ubering is not going to be an option cause its just going to make this even more expensive.

Thanks all who responded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.