Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Hey Guys;
I am a beginner to intermediate enthusiast and usually frequent the Blanket's Creek Dwelling trail. As you Georgians know today showed some rather nasty weather. I am almost certain my trail will be closed tomorrow and I was wodneirng if anyone might recommend something that will be definitely open tomorrow (Sunday). I look forward to Sunday all week and now it sees my week is blown. Any help is much appreciated.
:confused:

·
Having a nice day!
1,422 Posts
And it was open! Red Rocker and I got in a few laps late this morning. While the South loop had a few wet spots (only one with a little standing water), the dwelling loop was dry.

Outstanding trail design and maintenance. Props to Sorba Woodstock!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got there aruond noonish. The girlfriend wanted to go shopping for furniture heh. I am still somehwat of a beginner so I stick to Dwelling. I haven't attempted South Loop quite yet. Is it a huge difference over dwelling skill wise? I agree they did an amazing job on building the trail and I try to donate more than the minimum every time I am there.

·
Hooligan
680 Posts
Cadiell said:
I got there aruond noonish. The girlfriend wanted to go shopping for furniture heh. I am still somehwat of a beginner so I stick to Dwelling. I haven't attempted South Loop quite yet. Is it a huge difference over dwelling skill wise? I agree they did an amazing job on building the trail and I try to donate more than the minimum every time I am there.
South loop is labeled advanced, but it's not as tough as the classification would lead you to believe. If you can comfortably ride Dwelling, then you will have no problems with the South loop. It's just about a mile longer, with a few more rocks, and more climbing.

·
Shot Down in Flames...
1,218 Posts
LoneStar said:
And it was open! Red Rocker and I got in a few laps late this morning. While the South loop had a few wet spots (only one with a little standing water), the dwelling loop was dry.

Outstanding trail design and maintenance. Props to Sorba Woodstock!
Blankets was in excellent shape on Sunday! Too bad I missed you, I got there around 3:00. I'm pretty sure I saw Al. after my ride (based on pics of his ride). I took the P-Werks out and turned some of my fastest laps there ever, even though I had a cold!

How large is Red Rocker's head now that he's on the Turner?

I'm stil waiting on the Ocoee trip. ;)

D.

·
Hooligan
680 Posts
AlloyNipples said:
Al, that's two invites to the same place on the same weekend... feeling the pressure of being Mr Alholio? Give in, gear up, ride.
are you threatening me?

my best bet is to hook up with you guys wherever you happen to be on sat the 14th. One day will be the best I can do. where will you be and how do I get there and what time should I be there?

·
It's not what you think.
477 Posts
Al. said:
are you threatening me?

my best bet is to hook up with you guys wherever you happen to be on sat the 14th. One day will be the best I can do. where will you be and how do I get there and what time should I be there?
We'll still be at Davidson River on Sat. By the time we get everyone rounded up and feed, I'd say 10:30-11 (4hr drive) will be a good. Check www.mtbikewnc.com for maps of the area. Brevard, NC.

·
\|/Home of the Braves\|/
1,926 Posts
D-Rock said:
Blankets was in excellent shape on Sunday! Too bad I missed you, I got there around 3:00. I'm pretty sure I saw Al. after my ride (based on pics of his ride). I took the P-Werks out and turned some of my fastest laps there ever, even though I had a cold!

How large is Red Rocker's head now that he's on the Turner?

I'm stil waiting on the Ocoee trip. ;)

D.
You tell me :p
https://www.sorba.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=23744#23744

Yes D-Rock, they look cute. Note that The Burner is making looking the Pantera look goood.

It's a bummer we missed each other out there. I saw the 3:00 time and thought you'd been there neatly betweem Me/LoneStar and Al. Seeing you at Blankets is entertaining! I probably wouldn't have seen you much if you were hammering at that pace though...

·
\|/Home of the Braves\|/
1,926 Posts
LoneStar said:
I have haven't forgotten! Probably not this weekend, but the next if you can work it into your calendar. Let's shoot for Saturday the 14th.
Sunday the 15th Tanasi and johnmre's noodle-leg/hungover crew.

·
Hooligan
680 Posts
AlloyNipples said:
We'll still be at Davidson River on Sat. By the time we get everyone rounded up and feed, I'd say 10:30-11 (4hr drive) will be a good. Check www.mtbikewnc.com for maps of the area. Brevard, NC.
see you guys sat morning at the Davidson River campground. I'll be there about 10AM.

I'll send a PM shortly with my cell# should anything change.

edit: I'll be watching the forcast though...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.