Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
here you go...

bandito greg said:
Does anyone have an specs on this crankset...
looking for weight, price and where to buy it...

thanks
standard weight of latest production run: 737g
standard chainrings:134g (44-32-22)
standard chainring bolts: steel
"Tiramic"-bearings (ceramic hybrid bearings with Ti-Nitrite coated races)
165mm Q-Factor!!

tuning potential:
chainrings: FRM 106g (-28g)
aluminium chainring bolts 13g (-20g)

sub 700g !

where to get+price:........>PM

Attachments

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
carbon = aaded weight

bandito greg said:
Do you have any info on the one with the carbon arms? or can i assume its not available yet?
there is no "carbon"-arms. what you are referring to are carbon covered arms which are just for the optics and heavier than the aluminium version. Token has such cranks in either aluminium or wrapped carbon. but as you can see the carbon-design adds about 30g of weight.

the Atik is basically the same crank like the Token aluminium but it comes with tianium spindle and ceramic bearings.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh ok, yeah i saw it on the atik website and they didnt really give that information...it looked like a copy the THM-Carbones Clavicula i thought...looked cool too bad its like that...

·
Registered
9 Posts
bandito greg said:
oh ok, yeah i saw it on the atik website and they didnt really give that information...it looked like a copy the THM-Carbones Clavicula i thought...looked cool too bad its like that...
you are right, rhere are some atik with 110mm 5-arm chainrings and titanium spindle. weigt around 780g.

i will tell you the real weight if its here -and no pm please- i dont sell parts

meet my hp at www.bikeaholics.de

meet also www.light-bikes.de

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm interested in the Atik's, 'Nino tuned ofcourse' (i want the 698 grams version) but my main concern is that will this Crankset/integrated bottom bracket perform as good, or better with my full shimano XTR drivetrain?

The atik does come with a cermaic bearing external bottom bracket, that fits my E-type deraileur, correct?

Overall, would you say the performance will be better than a 2007 XTR crankset?

and reading a thread from the past, this crankset seems to be the best light weight option that will fit my 2006 Scott Scale 20 with no modifications?

·
Go faster!
1,091 Posts
Sexyblackbmw said:
I'm interested in the Atik's, 'Nino tuned ofcourse' (i want the 698 grams version) but my main concern is that will this Crankset/integrated bottom bracket perform as good, or better with my full shimano XTR drivetrain?

The atik does come with a cermaic bearing external bottom bracket, that fits my E-type deraileur, correct?

Overall, would you say the performance will be better than a 2007 XTR crankset?

and reading a thread from the past, this crankset seems to be the best light weight option that will fit my 2006 Scott Scale 20 with no modifications?
At least the atik crankset should have the best price/weight/quality relation. :thumbsup:

Anyone using an atik crankset? What about shifting performance and lateral rigidity? Nino do you use it?

·
Registered
131 Posts
This might be our only option for Scott Scale owners wanting ultra lightweight crankset with no modifactions needed to install!?

But if it performs worse than a 2007 XTR crankset, then I don't want it.

How does Qfactor work? can someone explain this to me?

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Sexyblackbmw said:
This might be our only option for Scott Scale owners wanting ultra lightweight crankset with no modifactions needed to install!?

But if it performs worse than a 2007 XTR crankset, then I don't want it.

How does Qfactor work? can someone explain this to me?
the distance from one pedal to the other (outer width of the crankset). to be precise it used to be the distance from the middle of one pedal to the middle of the other but since different pedals also differ in width measuring the cranks alone makes more sense.

so it's the distance form the outside of the left crankarm to the outside of the right crankarm.

shown below how it can be measured on older octalink cranksets...

standard width of MTB-cranksets used to be 165mm. with all those outboard bearing designs the Q-factor (width) has gone up. XT have 180 or 185mm. now add some regular eggbeater pedals and you easily have a cowboy-like stand on your bike (eggbeaters are another 4mm wider than Shimano pedals - per side!). when i switched from my Scale to my winterbike 2 years ago i couldn't get accustomed to the 28mm wider stand. i had to get rid of the XT crankset right away going back to a crankset with seperate BB.

remember: roadbikes used to have just 135-145mm....

Attachments

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
well...

Monticone said:
Nino, the FRM chainrings are decent? :confused:
Do you have try them in muddy conditions?
Any chainsuck problems?
I'm thinking to buy them foe transform my C'dale Si Cranck in double (42, 29 ;-)). :cool:
i personally haven't used them but several guys are very pleased by their performance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts