Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading down to Templeton / Atascadero area this weekend. Plan on checking out Cerro Alto on Sunday morning. Read some threads on here, but wanted to get as much info as possible. Anybody have a link or trailmap I can get ahead of time? Can you park outside the campgrounds (I am planning on rolling at 6:00 am so want to make sure I can get on the trail that early). Looking for a hour and a half to two hour ride.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
273 Posts
You can't park at the entrance without paying anymore.
For riding, expect 45min to 1:15 climbing then about 10-20 min back down, depending on fitness. Personally, I normally do Cerro Alto as part of a big loop starting in SLO (up Shooters, across ridge, down then up Cerro, back over the ridge, down Morning Glory and back home), it's really not good enough for me to bother to drive out to just ride it. If you don't have time for that, ride up to the campground and take the trail to the right, across the bridge and up the hill. When you hit the fire road I normally go right, rather than straight up (come back that way). I think coming back down on the trail by the creek is probably the most fun followed by the trail that ends up all the way at the bottom.
Honestly though, the ride is just a big slog and not all that great. Great view from the top though. I ride it maybe once a month, tops, as there is much better riding around SLO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts