1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
On wuss patrol
5,159 Posts
I don't know, but it seems that about the only way this bike would be worth even close to that kind of $$$ to anyone is if it was the actual frame they won the '92 DH championship on and then the bike was stolen or sold or...

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sizzler said:
Little known fact: precious gemstones and golden jewelry were encased in the frame's sarcophagus, hence the price.
Oooooh, so it's like one of them there fancy watches, now I get it! :D

So, someone raced and one the '92 DH Championship on this bike? Well, a bike like this is better wording. Curious.

Any info on what happened, it would seem that if you craft a rig as capable of that, you'd continue on in the bike world, no?

Just curious, never heard of the bike, the brand, the guy, etc.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wonder why they used a Nukeproof hub instead of the hope one that came with the disc - can't have been that much of a saving and the NP hub would have needed to be custom made - or were they on general release like that in the US - a marketing deal or suchlike?. The first I have seen like it.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Guy around here had one. Thought his was xc though, but looked similar. This guy definately had a Rad 1.

If I remember correct, the guy that started this company worked for Fox, rumored he designed the Fox ALPs shock.

Could be the same bike I suppose, since the owner did move to Colorado.

Not cheap, more like unbelievable.

PK

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
MendonCycleSmith said:
What the heck is this thing?

Very umm, unusual, thought it might stimulate some interesting conversation, been kinda quiet around here as of late....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-GP-Cycl...ntain_Bikes&hash=item2eb32b9ca1#ht_5092wt_907

Happy Monday all!
l'm l reading the price correctly? over $8k?!?!?!?

huh? what?

looks like a prototype that never made it to production.

sorta reminds me of the old Trek "Y" frames --- sleds they were -- horrible design.
should have been sold with a pogo stick so you could see who could bounce higher.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.