Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Yes, that's fonetic
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been verrry wet for a while (back to typical Maui winter) and conditions have been good for trail work, just not for riding. Took advantage of a break in the weather on the 1st with Airwreck, Dr. Ellsworth and a couple of non MTBR'ers. Still a little rainy and sloppy but worth it.

Attachments

·
~~~~~~~~
5,937 Posts
trippy :p

TA, I like go for a surf after riding, nice to cool down and loose from the ride. Surf first, then ride, too tired. Thats only weekends and holidays, workdays got to decide one or the other :D.

Here's the P&S video of the ride, hope Kennys helmet cam captured some good sliding. Blow drier was cranking today almost grippy.

oneoneonine from eh on Vimeo.

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
airwreck said:
trippy :p

TA, I like go for a surf after riding, nice to cool down and loose from the ride. Surf first, then ride, too tired. Thats only weekends and holidays, workdays got to decide one or the other :D.

Here's the P&S video of the ride, hope Kennys helmet cam captured some good sliding. Blow drier was cranking today almost grippy.
trippy which bit lol, ya I envy that, surf afterwards would be great especially as not far for u guys to go, some spots here are close not many here I ride with surf though a couple dude but they bit core!

need to go back to your shores re-learn in warm waters lol

Them's some tough decisions you got ahh, been there a few times always felt like i was in fairly land and couldn't leave time stopped still and was in a spell, the rest of the world didn't exist, magical Maui, except for the loopies though everyone in general is amazingly friendly or was when I was last there!lol

Vids not working:confused:

·
Yes, that's fonetic
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
trailadvent said:
Great vid, nice flow, love seeing the RFX's flying the colors, those trees so look like eucalyptus :cool: nice riding :rockon:
Probably because that's what they are...most likely imports from Oz. It's mostly eucs and Queensland maples in our forest. The "brilliant" land managers bulldozed the native koas and such years ago and planted these nonnatives as a replacement, I believe they had lumber production in mind (which never happened). Same kind of reasoning that brought the mongoose (which is diurnal) here to control the (nocturnal) rat population. That's how Hawaii lost most of the native ground nesting bird population.:rolleyes:

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Oh I wondered why it reminded me so much of Aussie I said queensland but I meant Victoria, my memory plays up on me since the crash, it looks so much alike, I don't remember eucs when I was in Maui mainly lots of plantations we stayed Kapaiua a cok up by the travel agent each day we would travel in out rental van to Kanaha pickup fruit and water for a day @ the beach 3/4 an hour drive each way geez and on the wrong sid of the road, Van was cool :D

I trying to remember what the foliage was like on the hell drive to Hana on our day off from the beach,which it seemed every beach bum decided to have a day off from as well and we met everyone at the 7 maidens [7 water falls ] either on the way there or way back then it was a one way road from mem a long drive worth it to do once! Did Haleakala up to the Volcano and mtb ride down, that was cool still don't recall eucs, bikes weren't much from mem either that was 96 though :D

Yu need some moar JRTs for those rats they are rats killa's lol..and good pets!

·
Maui Grown
722 Posts
airwreck - thanks for posting that vid. I love seeing footage of Kahakapao. Makes me want to come home more than once a year. I love that new section of trail that Robbie took me on last year, supper fun and flowy. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.