Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Still on Training Wheels!
1,107 Posts
I have a 10mm thru axel on mine. I have a 12mm rear hub and I run a 12mm to 10mm stepdown axel. It deffinetly stiffnes up the rear. FWIW I have a Azonic Outlaw wheelset and use a "momentum" axel purchased through Azonic

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
drum714 said:
I have a 10mm thru axel on mine. I have a 12mm rear hub and I run a 12mm to 10mm stepdown axel. It deffinetly stiffnes up the rear. FWIW I have a Azonic Outlaw wheelset and use a "momentum" axel purchased through Azonic
hmmm I don't know if I called it correctly, I was talking about the kind of axle that is used eg. in Vp-Free, non qr, you know what I mean?

·
Stray Bullet
2,273 Posts
I am running Azonic Outlaw wheels with a 12mm x 135mm rear hub. Initially I was using the Azonic 12mm to 10mm bolt on axle. However, with the shallow AS-X dropouts I had problems with the rear wheel coming off. I switched to the Atomlab 12mm to 10mm hex keyed axle and things are way better. Rear end is stiffer, tightening the axle doesn't tear up the drop outs, and I don't have to worry about the rear wheel falling off.

I will snap some pics tomorrow. Below is what the axle looks like. Well worth the money!

·
Still on Training Wheels!
1,107 Posts
goRz said:
hmmm I don't know if I called it correctly, I was talking about the kind of axle that is used eg. in Vp-Free, non qr, you know what I mean?
This is a bolt on axel...not a QR

It looks very similar to what Nagaredama posted above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.