Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
All fat, all the time.
10,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Dumb question, but I didn't see it on the Ibex website. What type of suspension does the Asta use?
The frame design looks very similar to a Blur, but can't tell what the bottom of the frame looks like if they're comparable....

Can anyone enlighten me?

Also, any idea's how long this summer sale is going for?
Smokin' deal on the asta Pro.

Also, anyone in central Indiana that has an Asta? I'd love to get a short ride on one to see how it feels....

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
im over here in california.

the asta uses a single pivot design. or at least thats my understanding of it. the blur uses VPP which has an extra link on the bottom near the BB. the asta does NOT have that.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I'm in Chicago and have an Asta Pro if you're ever headed this way. I've had it since the fall of 2007 and I've had no buyers remorse with it. Great overall bike I'd buy it again if I had to, especially at the sale price!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Different pivot design withstanding, when I was test-riding I felt that the Blur XC was the closest in geometry/body feel to the Asta. Just in case that helps you with your decision....

·
All fat, all the time.
10,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys.

baraant, I'm up there from time to time with work, I'll try & get in touch next time, appreciate the offer :)

I'm riding an '03 trek liquid 20 right now, good bike, but things are wearing out, and it's a whopping 32 lbs! Tired of trying to pedal this thing up hills lol. As it is I run my fork all the way down at 80mm just to help the climbing, I think it's more of a AM setup really, and most of Indiana I don't need such a burly bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts