Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, MTBR is testing a beta feature for signatures. By clicking this link, you'll be able to add a visual list of things you own to display to other members. This test is still in the early stages and very limited, but it will allow you to make your sig more dynamic and useful. Shoot us a PM to provide your feedback.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for anybody that has a 16" Asta frame built up that my wife could check out and see if it's going to work for her petite frame.

Any help out there? It sure would help out a great deal!

-Rob

·
Registered
28 Posts
16" Works for me...

Mynamesrob said:
I'm looking for anybody that has a 16" Asta frame built up that my wife could check out and see if it's going to work for her petite frame.

Any help out there? It sure would help out a great deal!

-Rob
Sorry I don't live in your area, but for what it's worth, I'm a 5'5" female and the 16" inch Asta frame is a great fit. To my surprise, I was able to stay w/ the stock stem and handlebars with no problems.

I tried out a lot of bikes, both regular frames and women's specific. I was amazed what a natural fit the Asta was for me.

Good luck..feel free to ask me any more questions if needed.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Sunnyrider perhaps?

I think Sunny lives in MD and got a 16" frame, but she hasn't been in the forums since she got the bike. I think she took off riding and hasn't come back yet. :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hasta and Clyde, thanks for the responses. Hasta, my wife is 5' 2" with a 29" inseam with mountain biking shoes. And I know the standover for the 16" Asta is 27", I don't want to have to buy the bike only to find out it's too big.

Clyde, I'll shoot Sunny a PM and see what I can come up with!

Thanks again!

-Rob

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Good idea

You might want to place a call to Jack at Ibex, too. He's very helpful with sizing.

Bob

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jake, how true that is.

I called Jack and he said that she is definitely on the low end of the sizing but oh well. I'll probably just go ahead and try it out when the funds open up.

Thanks again, all!

-Rob

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
Mynamesrob said:
Jake, how true that is.
I called Jack and he said that she is definitely on the low end of the sizing but oh well. I'll probably just go ahead and try it out when the funds open up.
Thanks again, all!
-Rob
-Rob,
Should you and Lady Rob decide to pull the trigger, you can rest assured that there will
be a lot of us with our fingers crossed for your good fortune :thumbsup:

Jake :ihih:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.