Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone seems to love Assos bibs so I’m gonna buy a pair. Every time I buy cycling clothing and use the websites recommend size it’s way too small. I’m 6’2” with broad shoulders and what I would describe as a thinner build. XL cycling jerseys are almost always too small. I have Gore tights that are XXL that I like. I recently bought a pair of The Black Bibs in XL and they were so tight around my thighs I could barely get them on. Returned them.

So the Assos site says buy a Large, which is ridiculous. Trying to decide if I go XL or XXL (which Assos calls XLG).

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Bibs is one of those items i dont buy without trying. Too many variables. Ive had some with good leg and bottom fit, but too short in the torso giving super wedgie action.

·
Registered
15,458 Posts
You didn't mention your weight. I'm taller than you and generally wear medium.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
215 lbs and usually 36” waist. But the reason I usually size up in cycling clothes is my shoulders and thighs. I was shocked how small the XL from The Black Bibs felt.

Update - I ordered both so I can try them on and send one back

·
Registered
309 Posts
215 lbs and usually 36” waist. But the reason I usually size up in cycling clothes is my shoulders and thighs. I was shocked how small the XL from The Black Bibs felt.

Update - I ordered both so I can try them on and send one back
Sound like me, I wear XL in Assos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Everyone seems to love Assos bibs so I’m gonna buy a pair. Every time I buy cycling clothing and use the websites recommend size it’s way too small. I’m 6’2” with broad shoulders and what I would describe as a thinner build. XL cycling jerseys are almost always too small. I have Gore tights that are XXL that I like. I recently bought a pair of The Black Bibs in XL and they were so tight around my thighs I could barely get them on. Returned them.

So the Assos site says buy a Large, which is ridiculous. Trying to decide if I go XL or XXL (which Assos calls XLG).
So it depends on the model of bib.
The mille range is designed around a mesomorphic body type.
The evo range and up are race cuts for ectomorphic body types.
Being mesomorphic I'm a small in the mille and more a medium in evo or S9.

Assos size chart seems to be correct for me in the mille range.
Suggest you apply similar thinking.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I’m 33” waist 170 lbs and XL Assos liner is perfect. Was surprised my Assos was an XL Assos. Had to return a L, wasn’t close to fitting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts