Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I had this master plan...

I have a 2000 specialized hard rock, that I fitted with mountain drops about two months ago. Love the new set up.

I got for christmas a karate monkey fork, and a salsa delgado cross wheel set.

Orginally the idea was to slap the fork and front wheel on the hard rock to make a 69er.

Now I am thinking... if I bought a frame I would be damn near a cyclo cross single speed...

So what should I do? Continue with intended build, or find a frame, and if cyclo, what is a good quality inexpensive cyclo frame? Funds are limited.

I use my bike to commute and ride dirt canal trails on the weekends...

Help me!!

·
Ovaries on the Outside
4,424 Posts
Both? You could conceivably move the front wheel from one bike to the other and just switch tires. It sorta sounds like you don't really need a dedicated mtb, so you could go fishing at bikeisland.com and pick up a cross frame for fairly cheap. If your fairly limited budget can get you a Surly Cross Check, get that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only problem with that is that I would have to change forks too, or buy an additional fork... my seemingly easy transition is costing me more and more money!!

Quick, donate to the I need two kick ass bike fund, proceeds are fully tax deductable...

I have no idea if thats true and can't be held responsible. If any one has a cross check they'd like to sell on the cheap, let me know. (frame only)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.