Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok as you may know i took the rear end of my norco drop apart to clean up the bearings so they run smoother. now im puting it back together. i got it together but i can't seem to tighen all the nuts n bolts up. i don;t wana tighen them any more bc i already snaped the head off on bolt. ( im going to the shop to get another). the whole rear end doesn't seem to fit. like its to wide.any one have any experiance with this sorta thing. ive never run into this problem before on any other FS bikes ive had apart. i can't find any instructions on the rear end at norcos site. or should i just take my fork and bb out n take the frame to my shop.

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
You putting the washers in the pivots correctly? there will be one washer per pivot and they need to go on a specific side of the bearing you should be able to tell by looking at the bearing where to put them

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea

yea i am. im just un shure about the big bearing by the BB i can't tell if the washers were on the inside of the pivot or the out side. since u have the 03 dh maybe u could tell me. might solve my problems.

if i fix it tonight i can go ride it while its light out.

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
Its been a while since I had mine apart but if memory is correct there is still one washer/shim on the main pivot it goes inside you will have to slip it into the chain stay then slide over mainframe together and put the pivot bolt through

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok

so that keep the pivot bolts flus with the frame am i correct. thats how im trying to do mine cept i have a washer /shim perside. this is gona be a pain.

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
yeah you're right there is one on each side on the main pivot and thats how it goes together use something smaller like a phillips screwdriver to line things up so you can put the pivot bolt halfs through. good luck you will be riding in no time :D

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx

thanx dude. i can ride anyway just would hafta take out the HT. but i realy tired of my aching body. i don't get that when i ride my fully. :) quick fixed that bolt for now. time to ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts