Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a dilemma went in to my LBS to order a new SC Nomad Frame, and the guys in the shop said to also consider the ASR 7, which threw me off track, I can't have a test ride until Thursday, has any one had a good ride or own one yet?? Is there any good/bad feedback yet??
My last Yeti was an Arc very nice hard tail, oozed quality:thumbsup:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Rode one today at the Yeti demo in Breck. Nice bike, really stiff rear end (wish my 575 were like that in back), front end rolls over almost anything (found myself seeking out nasty lines), very burly, and pretty good peddler. Gripes... Heavy, rear end a little harsh and locks up when braking, out of the saddle pedaling on climbs out of the question, and pro pedal is a must on climbs. Overall, it's a big 575 that doesn't pedal as well, weighs more, and descends marginally better. I definitely wouldn't want to ride one everyday. I'll stick with my 575.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks brandonj1979, it sounds pretty much as I thought it would ride, how did you find the stand over height 32" seems quite a lot, or did it not really show up when riding, cheers

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's a little tall, and I did notice it a little on the trail, but it wasn't too bad. I still fit a medium (just like my 575). I've heard others say they had to go down a size, but I didn't think it was that big, the small would have been too small for me, and I'm 5'10".

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Had the same dilema when picking my big bike. Went with the Nomad after all. Would have chosen the Seven all the way if wasn't for the very high standover, that's way too much for me. I'm kinda spoiled by my 575, which is virtually perfect in every measure. But heard nothing but good things about the Seven, and seriously, I almost got it instead of the Nomad. If you are a tall rider, you should cope better than I would being 5'7" on a medium. Maybe Yeti revises it in the future and give it a bit more standover clearence. That would really work fo me.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm 5' 9" with a 30 1/2" leg, so I think it maybe an issue for me, it looks like a nice bike just need that top tube swooping down a bit, like the 575. Thanks for the info.

·
EDR
10,295 Posts
It was too tall for me to ever even consider buying one. I'm 5'7'', the bike was a medium. At 5'9'' the clearance should be fine but you might have to get used to a higher TT than what you might be used to. For me, it was pushing up into my crotch way too much.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The stand over height is definitely an issue. I rode an unfamiliar trail over the weekend and bailed on some of the technical climbs I might have tried on the AS-X. I don't think I could have made the climbs on either bike, so maybe the 7 saved me a few scars.:D

It does climb a lot better than the AS-X, at least it does with the Vivid. I hated the way the RP23 felt, and replaced it almost immediately. I bet Yeti used that air shock just so they could claim a lower frame weight. They should at least offer a coil shock as an alternative.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts