Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on the conditions up in Aspen? Heading up there this weekend and was looking to get on Government Trail, but might need the snowshoes for that. Any info would be great.

·
keep pedaling
55 Posts
Aspen 2 weeks ago

We rode Smugglers, Iowa Shaft & Hunter Creek two weeks ago. A little muddy on the South side of Hunter Creek, but otherwise good. I believe that Government was closed until 15'th? Probably dry enough now, but we couldn't get on it. I'd bring the bike up and check with local shops, maybe Ajax on Spring St.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Government Trail is closed towards the end of June (or actually might be June 20th) for Elk Calving. Check with a local shop...I'm guessing it’s still got some snow, but hopefully not! Good luck, have fun!

·
Registered
33 Posts
my take is that the trail is closed or will be closed pretty soon, check up with the locals for some updates, lugging your bike all the way there only to find the trail closed will be a bummer, suggest you call up some local info points or local hotels for updates!

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Glenwood and Carbondale riding is wide open and excellent - Aspen still has snow higher up, but it's been hot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I work up at Snowmass and I asked one of the rangers what the deal was with the government trail about 3 days ago. He said he spent 3 days digging out a path but it is still snowy and muddy. I would probably give it another week or 2 before trying that one... unless snow and mud is your thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.