Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if the Rocky Fork Trail from Ruedi Resevoir is open to bikes. Looking to link it up with some other stuff for a weekend bikepacking trip from Leadville. Thanks

·
hikebike-bagpeak
330 Posts
I was planning to do this one later this year. I learned that it is in the process of being closed to bikes, and is very rough and potentially unridable according to the Sopras Ranger District. I'm still going to try it, before this new law takes affect, if I still can by the time I'm ready. Good luck!

·
Registered
348 Posts
It's probably just still muddy. I think they're pretty good about updating the trail report.
I rode everything else listed as open last week and it was buff. But there is still a fair amount of snow in the shade up high and I think it's the greenest I've ever seen the valley.
Aspen Snowmass - The Power of Four - Roundshot

I hadn't heard about Rocky Fork was being closed, but it's always been very ruff.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Very cool shot, near real time, I agree, looks more like BC. I see what you are saying, I'll stay off that trail. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I rode it 2 weeks ago and it was too muddy. Last beta though is from Basalt Bike and Ski saying it's good to go as of Wednesday.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I rode it 2 weeks ago and it was too muddy. Last beta though is from Basalt Bike and Ski saying it's good to go as of Wednesday.
Arbaney Kittle was in fantastic shape last weekend. Only 5 downed trees, no mud, some reroutes and cleaned up parts.
Skidmap.com has a good map. Mtbproject's map is incorrect.
There are patches of snow in the timber of Kobey park so I imagine Rocky Fork and Miller may have some mud and the occasional patch but it's got to be pretty close.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts