Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I’m looking for a little local Aspen knowledge. I’m new to the camper van thing, but am thinking about driving out to Aspen for the Aspen 50 mountain bike race next month.

Does the sleeping in your van enforcement kind of go out the window for events like this? At least for the night before the race? Was hoping that parking in an obscure spot near the start of the race, the night before, might be doable. Perhaps blending in with the sponsors?

Any good info in regards to that? If this won’t be kosher, what other spots nearby would work? The difficult campground is booked. I’ve read that people sleep in the interceptor lot out of town. Was hoping something a little closer to bars and food.

Thanks!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Being that the start of the Aspen 50 is smack dab in the middle of town, I highly doubt you'll be able to park/camp anywhere near the start. You may be able to somewhere around the Buttermilk area, or in the parking lot for the paved bike path near the Snowmass turnoff (Brush Creek Rd). Otherwise, there are some dispersed spots along the road on Independence Pass. But that is first-come-first-serve.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.