Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...had a bit of time on my hands today at the shop and decided to dust a few old frames. So, as promised here are a few pics of the older frames in the shop. Oh, and the Battaglin I am thinking of building up. Enjoy!

**Eddit...web is playing up so the order of photos uploaded is messed up for some reason... **

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
That Skyway bike uses the Street Beat name. They also used that name on their 90's freestyle frame. Nice to see that the trademark didn't go to waste. Some nice frames there which one are you going to build up first?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, the Battaglin is the only one that is my size. Everything else is too big. I'm hunting around to see what bits and bobs I can find for it. As for the others, they may be built up eventually to be sold or as frames. I would love a Litage MTB but none around my size. The Bauer belongs to our suspension mechanic so we will be building it up once we can pry the seat tube out.... seriously stuck but I recon a liter of Coke and some WD40 will do the job. A fair amount of old bits lying around the shop so should be easy. I will post pics when the two bikes are built up.

·
Bike Dork
1,365 Posts
The Battaglin will be a fine rider and will be quite enjoyable. Back in the day the difference between Aelle and SL tubing was just some weight. I think the Aelle was a seamed butted tubing being the main difference. The weight difference my charts list is SL is 1975g. and the Aelle 2345g. The design will be the same at their top-end stuff and will ride similarly. I think it'll make a fine bike for you and if you ever decide to make an urban fixed-gear it'll be perfect.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, here is her first build. Mishmash of older and newer parts till I can find more era correct bits. Shimano Deore DX headste, RX100 brakes and crankset. 105 rear derailleur, Exage 500 front mech, LX 9speed shifters and Alivio canti levers. The Wheels are from my roadbike and will also be replaced by 600 series hubs with a 9speed conversion and some crank bros pedals.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.