Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm going to post this and see what happens. Hopefully something interesting...

I am planning a road-trip from Flagstaff Arizona to north-central Pennsylvania. I will be leaving Flag around the second week of July and have a couple of stops I have to make, but as long as I am back to AZ in time for college starting up, my schedule is pretty open.

Basically I'm looking for anyone that might be interested in participating in any way. I can't find a friend to go with me (they all have to work!!) So if you had the cash for 1/2 gas, want to go ride across the country, and like to camp, I have a seat open!! -OR- if you know some local trails between Colorado and Illinois (mandatory stops) to Pennsylvania and would like to meet up for some riding, know any good camp grounds, or a place for me to crash, -OR- maybe you are going part way and want to catch a ride.

I'm not sure what my profile on here says about me. But I am 24 years old, just finished 6 years in the Navy and this is my vacation before I start college full-time. So if you have any ideas, recommendations, or would like to be involved in this adventure, let me know!!!

·
Prez NMBA
719 Posts
Well if you make it as far as State College in PA, let us know, we have some great riding and there is nice camping (hot showers etc) at Greenwood Furnace State Park with lots of riding right from the campsite in Rothrock state Forest. you can get to me/our club people through our club website www.nittanymba.org. just email the info person, thats me, kevin. We would love to show you around.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
State College!

Hey thanks, I will definately do that. I am from Potter county so I will be spending some time there, and I also have some family near Philly. I have only ever driven through State College so I am going to have to check it out...I'll be in touch

·
Registered
721 Posts
I just got out of a, uh, long term engagement due to my good behaviour ;) and don't really have anything going on. This sounds ideal. I desperately need a change of scenery and I really need to get out of the state. Do you think we'll meet any girls? I haven't seen any girls in a long, long time.

Anyhoo, I don't have any money now, but I can pay for gas and food in installments as we go. You pump the gas, I'll go pay and you don't ask any questions. Ok, pardner?

I'll be waiting for you on the side of State Rt. 41 with my thumb out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds perfect!! Man, you are the stand-up individual I am looking for! Reminds me of my roommate search in Flagstaff...one dude said he had bad credit so everything had to go in my name...he promised he could pay me in cash as long as my name was on the lease and everything...yeah I haven't called him back yet!!

Yeah I know it's a long shot, but I have met some cool people off this forum and have gotten a lot of advice about different areas.

·
Registered
586 Posts
notrelatedtoted:

It does not sound like foolinthe_rain can help you out here, but maybe I can. I always like to help a buddy on a message board.

I need to dig up the basement of my "mountain hideaway" because I have a broken pipe under the foundation. I would be happy to give you ride where ever you would like after you help me out. Deal? There is some really nice MTB riding there, too.

And by the way, fixing the pipe is a surprise for my wife so you cannot tell anyone you are coming to help me. I hope you understand.

Look for me in my van.

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
elephant said:
notrelatedtoted:

It does not sound like foolinthe_rain can help you out here, but maybe I can. I always like to help a buddy on a message board.

I need to dig up the basement of my "mountain hideaway" because I have a broken pipe under the foundation. I would be happy to give you ride where ever you would like after you help me out. Deal? There is some really nice MTB riding there, too.

And by the way, fixing the pipe is a surprise for my wife so you cannot tell anyone you are coming to help me. I hope you understand.

Look for me in my van.
Sounds awesome. Can we stop at the liquor store on the way there?

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
notrelatedtoted said:
P.S. Can I have your social security number to verify who you are? A second form of ID would be helpful as well. Can't be too careful these days, with all these nuts around!
birthdate and mothers maiden name and address and drivers liscense number......oh and a credit cardwith the 3 numbered security code....that would help in my new bike plans...........oopps.... I mean security check

·
Registered
586 Posts
foolinthe_rain said:
well this thread is trashed now...once they go this far off topic nobody is going to respond seriously...
Seriously...

I guess you are too good for notrelatedtoted and myself. You are more than welcome to come on our adventure. Anyway, thanks for starting a thread so I could make new friends.

·
crashes in parkinglot
1,257 Posts
to the OP, if you would like to ride near boulder on your way through i can probably arrange that. If you don't have a place to stay here i can point you to some good cool (temp) camping as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.