Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2013 Compulsion LT1 and I've been trying to buy a hardware/bearing rebuild kit for 2-3 months, but no shops or Felt themselves have it in stock. Is there any other source I should try? Any ETA for when they'll be in stock? Is Felt actually ever going to have these in stock or have they given up on supporting these model years?

The main parts needed are the upper and lower Equilink bolts which are highly proprietary, and there's lateral play in the pivot near the rear drop out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is the Felt Nine 70 going to be avail. in the US for 2016?

Is there any difference in the frame between the Nine 60 vs. 70 other than the tapered headtube?

·
Registered
953 Posts
HI, I've got two questions about the Edict Nine CF frames:

1. Will the XTR Race (M9000, Q=158mm) crankarms clear the chainstays? Note that I never ride in mud so as long as there will be ~3mm room all should be well: I don't want to use the Q=168mm cranks as these would cause knee problems for me.

2. Is it likely that something like the WTB Trailblazer B+ tyre might clear at the rear, on a not-too-wide rim like say a Blunt 35?

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just updated the wheels on my 2015 Virtue 3 to some Easton EC70XC wheels. There doesn't seem to be a lot of clearance in the rear triangle. What's the max tire size I should be able to put on my bike?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sorry, didn't realize there was an 'Ask Felt' thread before I started my other, but, does anyone out there know what the max tire size you can use with the Felt F55x Crossbike?

Thanks in advance,
Scottie

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Felt Compulsion. Does anyone know the torque to attach the rear shock with? From the online manuals it says it is specified on the shock link, but there isn't any visible torque specification.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi from england
I have a dd70 and wondered if i can fit 27,5 plus wheels say 2.8" OR 3" witdth . I,m a bit perplexed by the the various hub standards and chain lines on the market today.
Advice welcome. btw I received a quick and polite response from felt gmBH but no tech info
Regards Pete

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am curious about how the bikes arrive at the dealers.
What parts/components are pre-installed and what does the Bike shop have to put on?
Specifically the bottom bracket on a DD70.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi I have a stock Q520...and want to put fatter tyres on it...im looking at the Maxxis holy rollers...whats the fattest size I can get on it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why does the website not have the geometry for the edict? Is this a glitch? Anyone know where I can find the geometry for the 20" and 22"? I'm 6'1" and torn between the two sizes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a specific question about a bike, but perhaps it is a general question about Felt's philosophy when putting together bikes. I'm buying a $1K hardtail. The LBS I have chosen carries Specialized, Cannondale, and Felt. As I want 29" wheels, that puts me squarely in the Nine 60 range as far as Felt goes. What I've noticed is that the Felt component specification seems a bit below those of Cannondale and Specialized, even with the $949 price cut you are running.

My questions: What is the value proposition for Felt in this section of the market? Why should I buy the Nine 60 instead of one of the others? Did Felt spend money in places that are less "visible" on the bike (frame, wheels, etc.) that I should be considering in making my purchase?

I test rode a 7 Sixty and liked the feel, which is why I am asking the questions. Sell me. I kind of want to buy one of your company's bikes. I'm hoping you'll give me a reason.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Since noticing that the last time the Felt rep who started this thread replied was September 2015, and therefore suspecting that means no one at Felt is aware of it, I figure I should leave response to my own inquiry.

I posed the same question through Felt's website and received a response from customer service. They were, unsurprisingly, not about to compare bikes, companies over e-mail. The e-mail was, however, polite and courteous, and gave me an acceptable explanation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2013 Edict Nine 60 and need to buy a new wheelset. I cannot for the life of me find the front and rear axle size documented or the front or rear spread. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2013 Edict Nine 60 and need to buy a new wheelset. I cannot for the life of me find the front and rear axle size documented or the front or rear spread. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Compare to what you have:
https://bike-advisor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/bicycle_qr_axle_types.jpg

front options:
QR
15mm x 100mm
20mm x 100mm (not likely)

rear options:
QR
12mm x 142mm

I'll go out on a limb and assume you didn't upgrade the fork to a 110mm boost fork.

161 - 179 of 179 Posts