Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

121 - 140 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anyone from Felt actually check-in to this thread anymore? I've been trying to contact them for weeks. They don't answer emails and my LBS was even blown off by the Felt regional rep.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does anyone from Felt actually check-in to this thread anymore? I've been trying to contact them for weeks. They don't answer emails and my LBS was even blown off by the Felt regional rep.
That is exactly what I was getting on here to ask. Is there somewhere else they actually monitor?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Anyone know the specs of the Felt Edict LTD (26er) rear shock? I need a replacement for the Monarch RT3 that is on my 2011 frame and I'm not sure which shock tune I should buy. I will probably buy a newer RT3, but may look at a Fox as well.

Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can anyone from Felt confirm which way the travel chip works on a Felt Compulsion? I think when bolt and chip are in the forward hole = 150 mm of rear travel and when the bolt and chip in the rear hole = 160 mm of rear wheel travel. I posted another thread and think we have it figured out. Just looking for confirmation. Here is a link to my other thread.

http://forums.mtbr.com/felt/compulsion-lt50-travel-chip-861526.html

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks, Nathan86. I talked to the local bike shop and they called Felt. Felt is saying that the rear hole is the longer travel. And from my other post confirming how banzonam explained it I think the rear hole is the longer travel position also. The front hole puts the shock in a more vertical position and moving it to the rear hole increase the angle on the shock. I'm going to run it in the rear hole and see if I notice any difference. Where did you get your info from. Not questioning it or saying you are incorrect.. Just wondering if you work for Felt. Seems like this should be in the ownners manual but it is not...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lol my bad your correct. I was thinking the forward hole put the shock at an angle but its the opposite I had forgotten. I have a virtue expert an have always rode it in the longer travel position (130mm)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lol my bad your correct. I was thinking the forward hole put the shock at an angle but its the opposite I had forgotten. I have a virtue expert an have always rode it in the longer travel position (130mm)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
All good. Thought I may be crazier than usual. I just wanna ride!! we got a bunch of non typical snow here in Oregon so I have been cleaning re-tuning bikes.

·
Registered
288 Posts
any idea on the weight of the new 2014, Virtue nine 1? guessing/hoping for 26 pounds but wondering if anyone has a real number?

·
Registered
94 Posts
XX1 on 2014 edict 9 one frame

Hey all. I just pulled my 168q XX1 cranks off of my 2013 Felt Edict 9 and installed them on my 2014 Felt Edict 9. Both frames use a standard 73mm bb shell. I reused the Sram bb with no spacers (per instructions) but the 34t chainring is extremely close to the chain stay. Like so close, I think a 36t ring would hit.

Whats up with that? Can I use a spacer on the drive side, even though the bb instructions say not too?

FYI, the rear on the new frame is 142mm, the old one is 135mm. But Felt specs the 2014 Edict 9 FRD with XX1. Same frame dimensions as far as I know.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Hey-
I'm looking at a used Nine Solo that I think is a 2010, black and gold with red accents. I read somewhere that the 2009 had issues with the bottom brackets. Was this still an issue with the 2010's? Anything else to be aware of? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Awesome, thanks.

("That's sarcasm, Marge.")

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pretty sure the 08-10 have the same ebb. I have the 08 nine solo frame with alot of upgrades. My ebb has had no issues (creeking or slipping) and I ride it hard (about a year) although I am interested if there is an after market replacement due to hearing they can fail. I do not move mine often. I ride the same gearing for most trails here in Tahoe (32-19t) I have heard felt has two options as replacements from a lbs felt dealer. So food for thought. I love my felt nine solo.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Appreciate the reply. I talked to a dealer who said the wedge style replacement was about 125. They also said there was no other option other than the Felt bb. Whether that's true or not... ?

I already passed on the bike, the bb looked like it was fouled up and with the less than stellar response here and to my direct e-mail to Felt, well I decided to keep looking. Thanks for the info though, looks like a sweet bike otherwise.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Are you attempting to be sarcastic by refering to the fact that I was asking about a used bike?
In regards to your question, no. I've experienced the less than stellar response from Felt on a couple of levels at this point and will look at something else.

121 - 140 of 179 Posts