Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

VP is a pedal sponsor of the Hutchinson United Ride World Cup, Enduro World Series, and FMB teams this year and Jamie Nicoll from their Enduro team will be racing at Sea Otter ahead of the first EWS in Chile.

He will be at our booth (#866) to answer questions about bike set up and all things enduro on Saturday, APR 12 at 1pm.

I know a lot of you wont be there, but we have partnered with MTBR.com to give you guys the opportunity to pose your questions to Jamie which he will answer at the event and MTBR will even create a video of Jamie answering the most popular questions which are posted in this thread.

We are doing this as a way to just get info out there- every rider has questions and Jamie has answers based on his experience in the sport. Jamie will answer questions about Enduro racing, his riding style, training regimen, the race format and give tips about the best bike set up for aggressive trail riding, plus anything else you ever wanted to know about.

Jamie Nicoll is not as well promoted as some of the official "endurostars" but has an interesting story nonetheless. The New Zealand native amazed everyone when, as a self-funded rider, he took 3rd place in the Fifth round of the Enduro World Series held in Whistler, Canada and went on to finish 8th overall in the 2013 EWS final standings.

So with some real support this year from top class partners like the United Ride team organization and VP of course, we hope that he can move up the rankings a bit and have more freedom at the races.

just pose your questions in this thread!

thanks-

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
I look forward to meeting Jamie at Sea Otter and hopefully we can bring him some good questions.

Guys, here's your chance to get direct feedback from one of the pro's. Let us know your questions!

-g

(VP Components is an Mtbr sponsor and they have our permission for this post)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Just for others to reference as to not ask the same questions already covered previously in interviews:

Dialled Rides: Tuning tips from the pros: Jamie Nicoll | Enduro Mountainbike Magazine

My question though is:

With Sea Otter being the first race of the year and carries a lot of promotional clout for new products, how serious would you say most pros take Sea Otter for the race aspects versus a relaxing event to get into the groove of the season?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jamie, being new to enduro, but a rider that really enjoys training for events, I'm wondering what your training includes. For DH, I've really been working hard on core strength and brief 1" intervals. I imagine the strength training would be similar but is the cardio work also short intervals or just more aggressive trail riding. Basically, what's made you so fast?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts