Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how the serial numbers on Asian-made aluminum frames look like? I came across a used 2015 Spider and the owner and all reviews that I can find claim that this frame was made in the US. The serial number looks different to the numbers typically found on older, US-made Intense frames, though. :unsure:

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
84,208 Posts
Maybe I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure all aluminum frames from Intense were hand welded in the states. In fact one man named “Rick the Welder” was the artist.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Intense CS got back to me. Apparently all Spider 275 Al were made in Asia. Sneaky that the bikes they sent to tests had the "Made in the US" decal, I guess because Jeff welded them as pre-production samples.

FYI: the Tracer 275 Aluminum from 2015 on was also made in Asia. This is the one with the integrated dropouts (not the G1) and no weld on the top tube. Not sure about the Uzzi 275 and M16. However, the serial numbers look quite a bit different from the US-made frames, so easy to identify when you have it in front of you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.