Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
XC Hack
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'll be visiting Ashland with the family in July and need some trail recommendations. I went on mtbproject.com but a lot of it seemed blue-black and higher in difficulty. This said, I'm looking for some XC trails that are suitable for my timid beg-intermediate wife, our lowest common denominator. She is a great climber but a timid descender, fears exposure, and will tolerate a few technical features like curb-sized drops and mild rocky sections. She usually does rides up to 12 miles with 1500-2000 feet of climbing. As for our daughter, she races XC and is a very competent rider going up and down. Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh man, there are so many great trails around Ashland. Definitely reach out to http://ashmtnadv.com for info. Even if you don't use their shuttle or services Sue and Bill are great resources and very passionate about mountain biking. They will hook you up for sure.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Oh man, there are so many great trails around Ashland. Definitely reach out to Ashland Mountain Adventures for info. Even if you don't use their shuttle or services Sue and Bill are great resources and very passionate about mountain biking. They will hook you up for sure.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
^^THIS^^ She can probably do fine getting down from the shuttle drop. It's all lower intermediate stuff and as long as you don't mind going at a slower pace with her (when it's sooooo tempting to haul a$$), you'l be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.