Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Well Biked
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a buddy are planning to meet up in Ashland this summer for about three days of riding (maybe more if time allows). We will have 2 cars available to shuttle and wil be on an RFX and a Moment. What are the best downhill rides in the area? My friend prefers flowy stuff and I like a little more tech.

Is there 1 main trail down Mt. Ashland, or is there more? I am wondering how much time to spend there.

Thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
163 Posts
You have basically two options from the very top, Bull Gap and Timewarp. Both can take you to Four Corners trailhead after a few miles. Out of Four Corners is either the fireroad, Martys (which is where you'll find you tech) or Cat Walk and then Toothpick. Toothpick takes you back out to the road where your options start to expand as the trails start to finger out, but they all dump out into Ashland eventually. There are certainly enough trails though to keep you occupied for a couple days since you'd probably want to make some rides multiple times, especially timewarp.

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,749 Posts
scepticshock said:
Thanks for the info guys! I was looking at the trail reviews,and it looks like Timewarp was shut down at somepoint, and blocked off at the bottom. What's the status currently?
Timewarp was re-opened this past summer. We (SOFA) got permission from the powers that be, to work on the trail to buff it and try to minimize erosion.

The trail was illegal to ride until this point. It is now effectively legal and is in the best shape I can remember since 2000. I say that since I first went down it sometime in 97, but there weren't a lot of DH bikes back then so the trail was a lot smoother...

My good friend Wes runs a small guide service and would also be happy to show you the lay of the land. His prices are competitive and he'll show you the goods on top of driving you up. Check my sig for his link. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Theres no such thing as. .

Global warming or climate change. No, thats just another liberal scam to increase taxes according to gasoholics in my circle whose view of life is straight offa faux news.

That being said. . .

It was around 60 today up at 4 corners (4300 ft) and not a trace of snow all the way up from town. In 11 years here I have never seen this in January.

I know, its just a cycle. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Leave it all on the trail
227 Posts
toowacky said:
Check this thread for a link to the map of the trails that include the Bull Gap trail run that sullie describes:

What's good in Ashland?

Time Warp is all that... bonus.

Pay the money and get Ashland Mtn Adventures to shuttle you up. Totally worth it.
Agreed TooWacky! Ashland Mtn. Adventures are first class and Bill and Sue are as nice as they come!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yesterday I rode up the loop road and down Caterpillar, Alice, and BTI. All trails were in great shape and I wanted to thank all those that have done work on BTI. I have not ridden it in a while and really like the new berms. Hopefully they will keep the skidders off the brakes and reduce the ruts that always appear on the corners.

I noticed a trail that heads down where Caterpillar crosses the loop road. I have never noticed it before and wonder if anyone knows were it comes out. Looks to be in pretty good shape.

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,749 Posts
sordave said:
Yesterday I rode up the loop road and down Caterpillar, Alice, and BTI. All trails were in great shape and I wanted to thank all those that have done work on BTI. I have not ridden it in a while and really like the new berms. Hopefully they will keep the skidders off the brakes and reduce the ruts that always appear on the corners.

I noticed a trail that heads down where Caterpillar crosses the loop road. I have never noticed it before and wonder if anyone knows were it comes out. Looks to be in pretty good shape.
All of the recent work on BTI has been done by Wes Rogers of Cascade Mtn. Bike Adventures. He has permission from the city parks dept. to rework and maintain the trail. :thumbsup:

The other trail you saw eventually links up to the bottom of BTI. It isn't really legal to ride, but it's still a popular trail. Fast and technical, but it has some questionable turns that need serious work... (The trail is called "Jabberwocky")

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.