Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be passing through Ashland 7/12-13. My options are bringing my 6x6 AM bike down and hitting some trails, or driving an hour east to climb Mt. McLoughlin (I'm trying to bag all the Cascade volcanoes). What are trail conditions looking like? What are the best options going to be that weekend? I'm more interested in loop rides than shuttle or lift-assist, but I'm open to suggestions. I'd probably just sleep in or out of the car in the NF somewhere, but it's low-clearance, so I'm limited to well-graded roads.

-David

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ashland Mountain Adventures

Is your best bet. Bill will get you the scoop on the trails and their conditions, whether you want to shuttle or not. 541-499-2298 or www dot ashlandmountainadventures dot com

·
Dog-food-eating-chicken
27 Posts
The trail conditions are almost perfect...a little dry since they lost their tack a few weeks ago, but pretty stellar. The 6x6 would be a good option if you want to bomb the 5000' from Mt. Ashland to town. McLoughlin should have snow up high still, but most of the trail should be an easy hike. If you're there for two days, why not do both? :D

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nlytendone said:
The trail conditions are almost perfect...a little dry since they lost their tack a few weeks ago, but pretty stellar. The 6x6 would be a good option if you want to bomb the 5000' from Mt. Ashland to town. McLoughlin should have snow up high still, but most of the trail should be an easy hike. If you're there for two days, why not do both? :D
Thanks for the good tips. Yeah, I could probably fit both in, but then I'd have to totally ditch the family for the whole weekend. :)

If the snow is firm enough to go up in the evening, McLoughlin is low enough that I could sleep on the summit pretty easily, which would be cool.

·
Dog-food-eating-chicken
27 Posts
fallzboater said:
Thanks for the good tips. Yeah, I could probably fit both in, but then I'd have to totally ditch the family for the whole weekend. :)

If the snow is firm enough to go up in the evening, McLoughlin is low enough that I could sleep on the summit pretty easily, which would be cool.
I think that the snow should firm up at 9000+ in the evening. Have a good time, whichever you choose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.