Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A couple of weeks ago I did a ride along a portion of the Ashinoko Skyline trail in the Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park in Japan. This ride started in the mountains north of Lake Ashi (Ashinoko) with Blah Blah Blah hike-a-bike Blah Blah 1,500 feet Blah Blah Great Views, Blah Blah Blah Nice single track, Blah Blah Blah More Single track Blah Blah Ridge Tops Blah Blah Lots of Fun!

You can read the full story and see the rest of the pictures on my website.

Or you can just Right Click on the image to the left to download the 33MB video that runs 6:20
minutes

·
"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
1,317 Posts
Hmmmmm

The one thing I kept thinking to myself during the sections of "trail" that were overgrown with something that looks like it should sell for many $$$$ per pound was whether you promised these guys that there was a fireroad at the bottom of the "trail" that would get everybody back to the cars. Different world, but it had the same feel as a ride a couple of years ago............

Very nice. I just got home (like 2 hours ago) from a Training class in San Luis Obispo and I was able to get on the trail three of the four days I was there. I hooked up with a local who was more than gracious enough to play tour guide. I filmed all three rides but the first one had technical issues and didn't come out. I have to look at the footage but the second ride was in the evening sot he sun was at a bad angle for many sections and today there was plenty of dust that may have gotten on the lens. WE'll see though.

Michael

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Chronic Trail?

Not quite, most of that overgrown stuff was young bamboo. There were also a few patches of stinging nettles here and there which forced a little audio editing. The good news is after about 10 swipes or so of the nettles, it did not feel so bad :)

Hot and Steamy seems to be the norm in Japan this time of year but the day of this ride it was fairly comfortable. But generally you should expect to cook up a big order of Chamois Stew on just about any ride.

The tune is Forgotten Worlds by Delerium.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.