Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A long story in short:

I want a quality set of bar end plugs or caps. Preferable in titanium or Aluminium without any shouting names of brands on it, so it will match the bike. The answer of Hope is still pending, but at a dozen other companies i can't get a positive response.

Now i'm at the point to just go to a metal worker which can make me a custom pair. But ashamed to admit, i dont get it how a simple bar plug works.:blush:
How does it get tightend in the handlebar with an allen key for example?

If anyone should knows of a company where i can go for this service please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
439 Posts
From what I can see, it looks like the Purely Custom ones are more like the plastic road bike plugs that just insert into the bar end -- they don't seem to have a tightening mechanism. They might keep you from stabbing the end of the bar into your thigh, but maybe not have much other effect. I am using the Hope plugs (which use a quill-stem system) to reinforce a thin bar with bar-ends -- they seem to work pretty well, so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.