Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the Yeti forum .. but i thought i'd share with people that don't usually visit it.
05 AS-X w/ brand new Totem, DHX 5.0, 729s and the biggest .243 stem ever.
06 DJ w/ pike 454 325's and lots of saint. And fancy pink Rock Shox stickers

Only things left to do on the AS-X is new brakes, (juicy's or codes or saints if i can find some) new bar (.243, 31.8) new seatpost (undecided), lock-on's and chain guide (e.13 drs.)

Only thing left on the DJ, is a chain guide (e.13 srs) new brake lever (Dangerboy 24k gold) and a Wipperman gold chain.

·
Canadian Invasion
296 Posts
I had that wippermann goldy on my ride for a while, but it kept snapping. Multiple times. I sent it back, and they sent me a new one, but I'm leery to put it back on. Sram one is hassle free.

Oh, safe machines you got there for sure!

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Wow, super sick. I've got a Wipperman Stainless 1x9. I've been using them for the past 3 years or so. Absolutely great chain.

Where did you get the stickers for the crown of the Pike?

I think I've still got an e13 guide around. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
Wow, super sick. I've got a Wipperman Stainless 1x9. I've been using them for the past 3 years or so. Absolutely great chain.

Where did you get the stickers for the crown of the Pike?

I think I've still got an e13 guide around. PM me if interested.
those stickers came w/ the totem so i thought i'd jazz up the pike with some..

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NoManerz said:
why didn't you go with a 1.5 totem?
I was going to, but i didn't want to have to replace a stem and headset during a big purchase like a totem. Plus if i don't end up liking the totem i think the 1 1/8 would have a bit more marketability for resell .. since it would fit both 1.5 and 1 1/8... also i love the beef of my .243 stem... heavy as sin.. but i really like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.