Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
trail addict
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't be dumb like me and go out for your first ride without your multi-tool! I went out with a backpack instead of the usual camelback.... so the tools were back at the parking lot. I realized at about the worst possible place that my steerer tube was getting sloppy (installed a new headset last week), really spoiled my ride since it should have been a 2min trail-side repair and instead it was a long, boring trudge back a snowy fireroad:madmax: :madmax: :madmax:

Just though I'd remind everyone... some of us are out of our usual habits and some of us have new toys that will need adjusting as they break-in.... don't forget the multi-tool!!!

·
Class Clown
3,449 Posts
when i bought my first "real" bike i didn't have one on me, and the lbs didn't tighten the handlebars to the stem all the way. real fun way to start out a mountain biking career holding your bike together as you ride 11 miles home through the city.

·
On wuss patrol
5,159 Posts
Riding season? It's always riding season here and the most I'm off my bike is like 2 or 3 days. I leave important stuff out of my pack any time of the year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts