Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my AS-R to be serviced at the LBS and asked them to weigh it while they were at it. They proceeded to try hanging it onto an old rusty potato scale and I politely begged off.

It is full XTR (with exception of the Sram PG990 and Hollopin Chain). The Saddle is a Yeti SDG and post and stem are Thomson. Bars are carbon yeti and wheels are Croosmax SLRS w/Maxxis Crossmark/LUST.

Here is a link to a pic of it.
https://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk263/jsokbo/?action=view&current=IMGP7730.jpg

Anyone here have an idea of the approximate weight. (Yeah I know I can do the old bathroom scale thing but am just looking for a ballpark). Not a weightweenie by any means. Just kind of curoius.

Thanks in advance.

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
hmmm

being an '06 frame without carbon seatstays... UST tires....don't know frame size so guessing medium...24.5 to 25 lbs?

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
A bit

dontyoueatthatyellowsnow said:
07 Model w/carbon chainstays. Does that make much of a difference?
The Carbon seat stays reduce weight about 80 to 100 grams. Not a big difference. I actually had an '06/'07 hybrid like that. It was one of the first with the RP23's.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
My 06 (LRG with the 07 F100, Ignitors 2.1) has the XO build kit all stock comes in at 26. The carbon seat stays supposedly took that down some for the 07 frame and I don't know if the XTR kit is lighter than the Sram or not but I'm sure others here know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.