Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
On your left.
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my AS-R for 2 full years with 2 strong racing seasons. Lately the rear just doesn't feel laterally stiff, but there is no play in the bearings or pivots. I even get ghost shifting pedaling out of corners. I'm wondering if the master rebuild kit is in order and if it would even help.

I'm also going to check on replaceing the alum. with the new carbon rear triangle.

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
I guess you should take the swingarm off and pop the dust covers on the main pivot bearings... they might just need grease...but you will only know until you take a look....

also, did you check with a torque wrench all the bolts in the swinglink and main pivot?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi
I just used the master rebuild kit on my kokopelli and it now feels like a new bike. The slop was not comming from the main pivot bearings but in time all the pivots and bushings loosen up and add up to SLOP. If you are doing a master rebuild change the DU bushings (not supplied in the kit)in the shock, a lot of slop there. Was not a difficult job to due but takes time. Love this bike.
Moo

·
On your left.
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Hey, I appreciate the feedback. That makes a lot of sense on the shock bushing - I've seen that on other bikes and it is surely a load bearing member in this frame. One bummer is that Yeti does not offer a discount if buying the master kit and Ti bolt kit even though some parts are duplicated. So, I will forgo the Ti kit.

MOO said:
Hi
I just used the master rebuild kit on my kokopelli and it now feels like a new bike. The slop was not comming from the main pivot bearings but in time all the pivots and bushings loosen up and add up to SLOP. If you are doing a master rebuild change the DU bushings (not supplied in the kit)in the shock, a lot of slop there. Was not a difficult job to due but takes time. Love this bike.
Moo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.