Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Gaa-zee-raaaa!
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A sequence of Jaws that came out pretty [email protected], because I haven't taken the time to figure out my camera properly. The 7' er is to the right.

That's about it for the pics, I had my camera set on "multi burst" or something like that thinking it was the three shot sequence setting, so most of the pics are too small to show anything.

Thanks again for the ride Ryan - it was great fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
It was perfect on friday. The main builder of these stunts was there with his gator. I was able to hit all this stuff and he would pick me up and bring me back up to hit it again. It is steep into the rock drop, but a smooth tranny. I loved the step down bridge, you could hit it fast and rip into a g-out after a left turn on landing.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
Wow! Nice looking. Tough to tell form the pics if I'll be hitting those or not.

I think I'll be taking the smaller of the drop options. That rock one looks good, but the step down looks much bigger to me, and my meager drop skills!

·
Gaa-zee-raaaa!
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PMAC said:
This looks like a good time, but my DH bike is gone.. Are they renting any good DH bikes at the stone or should I try it with my 6inch prophet??
You'd be fine on a 6" bike, there's stuff for just about any bike / rider there.

·
Outcast
8,575 Posts
It's funny how my perspective of the rock drop changes with the view. In the first pic, taken from below the drop, it looks moderate, and the ramp low angled. In the fourth pic, taken near the lip, the drop looks huge, and the ramp real steep. Guess I'll have to scope it out personally when I get there!

·
Gaa-zee-raaaa!
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Renegade said:
It's funny how my perspective of the rock drop changes with the view. In the first pic, taken from below the drop, it looks moderate, and the ramp low angled. In the fourth pic, taken near the lip, the drop looks huge, and the ramp real steep. Guess I'll have to scope it out personally when I get there!
It is pretty odd - "Jaws" looks more like "Goldfish" in the sequence shot, and the rock drop looks like it's about 2' when veiwed from the bottom. Regardless, it's all great fun and definitely worth checking out.

The ramp on the rock drop is probably at about 45 degrees FWIW

·
Registered
193 Posts
.... ah the joy of trying to scout stuff from pictures. Matt thought the step-down bridge looked like "I could hit that!" which worked until he actually went down and looked at how far he'd have to gap. Changed his tune just a little. Big stuff, it's nice to see Keystone stepping up, now if we could just con them out of a new trail or two....scott

·
Registered
772 Posts
Talked with a few trail guys at Keystone Thur. and they are just waiting for the paper work to come back from the forest service to build new trails. Sounds like they are going to build 3 new black trails.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
You guys are nuts!! SWEET PICS!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
That stuff will give me opportunity to push my limits. I did the tiny 5' today (not even on the pictures). We'll see, maybe I tackle the rock-drop or the 7' next... Most likely I'll be up there on Monday.

And: I saw a guy walking down to the base station after apparently crashing on the big one. Hurt his shoulder. All the best to him. Thanks to the nice hikers who picked him up and helped him down.

Play it save folks!

Klaus

·
Gaa-zee-raaaa!
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jdude said:
Thanks for the pics! I'm going there again in a few weeks. CAN'T WAIT!

Ride on!
What's your name? You don't know my brother, Matt Baden, do you? I only ask because he lives in Manhattan, KS. He was telling me about a guy (Jesse, or some other "J" name) who he rode with out there. Matt rides an '03 AC1.

If you are the guy he rode with (or not) you should post here when you get out - maybe we can hook up and ride Keystone while you're out.

Either way, I'm sure you'll have a blast - Keystone has really stepped it up recently.

Josh

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yesterday (7/2) I FINALLY got my first day in up at Keystone this season. I was very pleasantly suprised with the work thats been done this spring. Fun, well built berms everywhere you want them, except for the run-out of the drop zone...I think thats the scariest part of that whole spot.

Cowboy up is flowing super well with the rebuilt berms, the double on PIF is super fun. I'm stoked! Ready to go do it again tomorrow. Nice work Keystone, after riding at Derr Valley for a few years, its nice to see some progress actually occur.

Oh yeah, good riding witcha Snowskilz. That was good stuff.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
shabadu said:
Yesterday (7/2)

Cowboy up is flowing super well with the rebuilt berms, the double on PIF is super fun. I'm stoked! Ready to go do it again tomorrow. Nice work Keystone, after riding at Derr Valley for a few years, its nice to see some progress actually occur.
Cowboy Up down from the lifts: great section of trail! I'd love to see way more stuff like that, rather than just more drop stuff (yeah, some of ya'll will want to stone me for that comment......;)
or stuff just heading straight down the slopes

Nice tight corners in the trees, mixed in with a bunch of roots and rocks, and a bunch of 3-4" foot drops/jumps in and out of the corners and so on, some rock garden sections thrown in for good measure.

Give me a few more miles of that kinda stuff!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.